Author Topic: Loksound Profiles 'n Horns  (Read 1203 times)

diezmon

• Crew
  • Do they speak English in "What"?
  • Respect: +264
Loksound Profiles 'n Horns
« on: June 15, 2019, 10:16:29 PM »
You may recall my post where I smoked my ESU 73100 LokSound Select Direct Micro.   So, it's back from repair and wired up correctly this time. 

I've been spending the last 45 minutes trying to change the damn horn, updating CV48 with the various combos from the documentation.   The only horn that works is this crappy toy-like sounding thing that was set outta the box. Also the prime mover sound doesn't change at all with acceleration.   The bell works fine.

I've been googling and the only answer i seem to find is i have to download a new sound profile?  Is that right? These things don't come pre-loaded?  I picked a sound profile when I bought it, but maybe the warranty repair sent me a new one, with no loaded sound profile?  I dunno..

I'm new the the ESU world.

riveting video of trying one of the horn profiles:  https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMgCQpOIa6ShmRVA-E3WlN_KSG-0BELNSsYhGYU5duZp1r05mr9Gwu2DeJKPFhzEQ?key=YmJieEJUc3huV1JXUGhGdXpRQkZKMnlJYngyOFJB

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +830
Re: Loksound Profiles 'n Horns
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 10:22:24 PM »
Perhaps it has a generic sound file on it (I think some may come like that, but don't know for sure). I take it you don't have a LokProgrammer?

diezmon

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 11:24:39 PM »
Perhaps it has a generic sound file on it (I think some may come like that, but don't know for sure). I take it you don't have a LokProgrammer?

Nope.  I assumed a sound decoder would be set up out of the box.

skytop35

• Crew
  • Respect: +730
    • Skytop Models
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 06:47:44 AM »
+1
Nope.  I assumed a sound decoder would be set up out of the box.
The decoder they sent you is basically blank and needs to have a sound file loaded. The blank decoders have some sounds loaded for testing purposes only.
Bill Denton

Skytopmodels.com

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +925
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 01:15:46 PM »
If you give us a general location, there might be someone close by with a LokProgrammer than will install a new sound file for you.  If you're anywhere close to central Illinois, I'd be happy to do it for you.

John C.

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +830
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 01:38:15 PM »
Speaking of LokProgrammers, it took me a long time but I'm really glad I finally broke down and got one. All things considered, they're really not all that expensive....although I realize you could get roughly two 73100's for about the same $$ (believe me, I've thought about that one a lot. I tend to compare prices for just about anything to how many 73100's I could buy for the same price :facepalm:). Still, it is nice to be able to do my own sound uploads whenever I want or change sound files or make adjustments more easily. Might not be as worth it if you only plan to have a couple sound units though.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 01:41:54 PM by tehachapifan »

diezmon

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 04:48:37 PM »
The decoder they sent you is basically blank and needs to have a sound file loaded. The blank decoders have some sounds loaded for testing purposes only.

It'd sure he nice if that was more clear in the documentation.
It was loaded from the original seller,  so esu must've just sent may a new one.  I guess I have to send it somewhere, again, to have it loaded. 

I'm in the twin cities, anyone have a programmer? 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:51:24 PM by diezmon »

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +925
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »
It'd sure he nice if that was more clear in the documentation.
It was loaded from the original seller,  so esu must've just sent may a new one.  I guess I have to send it somewhere, again, to have it loaded. 

I'm in the twin cities, anyone have a programmer?

There is a guy in St. Paul that has a programmer and has indicated a willingness to help out local modelers.  PM me and I'll send you his contact info.

John C.