Author Topic: Armature damage from alcohol?  (Read 4100 times)

x600

• Crew
  • Respect: +126
Re: Armature damage from alcohol?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2019, 11:14:40 PM »

I prefer my IPA to be around 7.5%, and after a few of them it doesn't matter if the wheels are clean or not!

This   :D      Guilty of RTWI then.

Greg O.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 11:17:16 PM by x600 »

Doug G.

• Crew
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2019, 02:40:12 AM »
+1
Doug

Indeed it is; like (probably) most of us, I have trains in several scales. And (also probably like most of us) S scale seems to be the "perfect" size. Just a shame it never really "caught on". I have some pretty nice early (immediate post-war) examples; the engines run REALLY well, and are very easy to work on...  :)

Mark in Oregon

Yes, I ended up with all the trains we ever had and I have the same hopper which is part of the train set my dad got for my oldest brother in 1949 when my brother was 7 months old (my dad liked railroads, too \:^). It also had the 639 "reefer", red 638 caboose, and 300 Atlantic which I have recently restored. My brothers and I would spend hours just watching that train go around an oval my dad put on a 4X8 sheet of plywood. The sight and sounds of those big trains are magic.

I was the only one of us whose fascination with model trains persisted.

Doug
Atlas First Generation Motive Power and Treble-O-Lectric. Click on the link:
www.irwinsjournal.com/a1g/a1glocos/

CRL

• Crew
  • Needs More Dirt.
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2019, 12:46:45 PM »
+1
So the consensus seems to be that DWM (Drinking While Modeling) is hazardous and can cause damage to armatures.

:trollface: