Author Topic: Weekend Update 6/2/19  (Read 11846 times)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Weekend Update 6/2/19
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 07:26:52 PM »
+44
It is complete.

Nearly five years it took to build, with much trial and error in designing components and trying new concepts, circumventing obstacles and roadblocks.  To paraphrase, it took a village of people for this project to come to fruition, and I wouldn’t have been successful if not for their help and advice.  The list of individuals and organizations to thank include in no particular order: @Scott Lupia, @cbroughton67, @David K. Smith, @peteski, @Lemosteam, @Sokramiketes, @Shipsure, @Point353, Atlas, Kato, Micro-Trains, Bachmann, Digitrax, Digi-Key, Arnold Ersatzteile Modellbahn, Ex-One, PPD, and Shapeways.

The video is after a half-hour of breaking in.  The pilot wheels need to be gauged, but overall she's operating well.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:51:54 PM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:38:52 PM »
+2
Quiet as a church mouse , smooth as silk , paint and finish is slick as KY . :facepalm: :D

Richie Dost

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +608
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 07:41:26 PM »
I did some modeling work recently, but keep forgetting to take photos of it.
I did a stack swap on an Atlas 4-4-0 and installed an NZT Products rear cab wall.
The 4-4-0 was one that DKS had long ago installed the NZT driving wheel spoke inserts, so that saved me the headache of tracking down one of those sets and doing it myself.

Pictures to be posted eventually. When I remember to take some.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

craigolio1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1636
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 07:43:12 PM »
It is complete.

Nearly five years it took to build, with much trial and error in designing components and trying new concepts, circumventing obstacles and roadblocks.  To paraphrase, it took a village of people for this project to come to fruition, and I wouldn’t have been successful if not for their help and advice.  The list of individuals and organizations to thank include in no particular order: @Scott Lupia, @cbroughton67, @David K. Smith, @peteski, @Lemosteam, @Sokramiketes, @Shipsure, @Point353, Atlas, Kato, Micro-Trains, Bachmann, Digitrax, Digi-Key, Arnold Ersatzteile Modellbahn, Ex-One, PPD, and Shapeways.

The video is after a half-hour of breaking in.  The pilot wheels need to be gauged, but overall she's operating well.

That there is a work of art. Well done sir.

Craig

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +891
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 08:14:06 PM »
It is complete.

that's an incredible bit of traction modeling

cbroughton67

• Crew
  • Respect: +1699
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 09:16:00 PM »
+24
The FreeMoN module I've been working on joined the Mother Ship (as in the rest of the layout) this week. I've started adding smaller details, store signage, and ran the first local!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Chris Broughton
MMR #650

Darwin was an optimist.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 10:39:56 PM »
It is complete.

Amazing model Bryan!  I'm honored to have been involved in a very small part of it.  :D
Yours is finished; Funny that no model manufacturer has announced one of these yet.
. . . 42 . . .

JanesCustomTrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 11:25:16 PM »
It is complete.

This is very impressive, very well done.

Jane
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find Him laughing...

CRL

• Crew
  • Needs More Dirt.
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 11:30:06 PM »
A superb job done on this.

mark dance

• Crew
  • Respect: +1279
    • The N Scale Columbia and Western
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 12:13:39 AM »
+17
just Beautiful Bryan!

This week I finished Cottonwood Creek

Replaced the railing along the West yard lead

And made some progress on the Nelson retaining wall...it's getting there.

[Jim Hope photo]

One of the many things I like about designing for laser cutting is that precise, special purpose assembly jigs come almost for free!  Here are two spacing jigs for the stair case for example holding the stairs at the correct distance while the treads are glued in...

Have a great weekend!

md
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:03:37 PM by mark dance »
Youtube Videos of the N Scale Columbia & Western at: markdance63
Photos and track plan of of the N Scale Columbia & Western at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27907618@N02/sets/72157624106602402/

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1329
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 02:41:08 AM »
+2
Bryan:  If it took five years for the motor, how long do you expect for hanging the overhead?  You ARE going to model the NH-style catenary, aren't you?

Richie:  "paint and finish is slick as KY"  My first thought was "Kentucky?  I've never heard that saying before...".  Then I started thinking of other "KY"s.
N Kalanaga
Be well

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2106
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2019, 08:12:13 AM »
Maybe the ESM might want to sell this electric . He has the R&D , consumer trust , reputation , know how . I , in a heart beat , would buy one for <500 .

Richie Dost

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2019, 08:26:37 AM »
+2

The water leaking out of the drain pipe is spectacular!   :o

strummer

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2019, 09:16:46 AM »
Quiet as a church mouse , smooth as silk , paint and finish is slick as KY . :facepalm: :D

I'll say!  :o  When I watched that video for the first time, I turned my volume up almost all the way, just to make sure it wasn't a "silent" vid; the only sound was the gentle clicking of wheels on the rails...wonderful!   :)

Mark in Oregon