Author Topic: New Athearn May 31  (Read 2405 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8947
  • Respect: +1383
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler

daniel_leavitt2000

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 6444
  • Respect: +1427
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 01:50:01 AM »
0
OOF.... that is a lot of great late 90's schemes on those containers. I'll need several! Probably pick up several of the Berwicks hen they go on sale.
American eyes, American eyes
View the world from American eyes
Bury the past, rob us blind
And leave nothing behind

bman

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 838
  • Gender: Male
  • I gotta have more Conrail!
  • Respect: +234
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »
0
OOF.... that is a lot of great late 90's schemes on those containers. I'll need several! Probably pick up several of the Berwicks hen they go on sale.

Same here.  Mr. Wallet looks to be in a bit of trouble....

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 10:12:55 AM »
+1
Between the containers and the KCS boxcars . . . .  :facepalm:
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


bbussey

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9384
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +6188
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 05:20:50 PM »
0
With a May 2020 release, plenty of time to save the pennies!  8)
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net
Bridgeport & New London in N scale


CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3529
  • Respect: +391
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 09:34:54 PM »
0
The Allied containers are of interest simply because I had direct involvement with them back in the day. I still need to figure out the right intermodal cars to haul the micro trains containers that would have been in service in the mid 90’s.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

jagged ben

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3369
  • Respect: +589
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 11:44:11 PM »
0
I'm really glad I collected enough old Deluxe containers in those schemes that I won't 'have to' spend money I may not have.

jagged ben

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3369
  • Respect: +589
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2019, 11:46:59 PM »
0
The Allied containers are of interest simply because I had direct involvement with them back in the day. I still need to figure out the right intermodal cars to haul the micro trains containers that would have been in service in the mid 90’s.

Husky Stacks (MT and MDC/Athearn), Maxi-III (Deluxe) and  Walthers Thrall cars.  Various upgrades required to turn some of them into quality models.

Also N Scale Kits versions available for some.

CBQ Fan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3529
  • Respect: +391
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 08:17:38 AM »
0
Husky Stacks (MT and MDC/Athearn), Maxi-III (Deluxe) and  Walthers Thrall cars.  Various upgrades required to turn some of them into quality models.

Also N Scale Kits versions available for some.

Thank you
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +886
    • My train pics
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2019, 06:29:18 PM »
+1
Ma & Pa Berwicks, excellent.

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5867
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4864
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 08:12:47 PM »
0
Will need to get the GATX scheme.  Lots of those cars run across the sub I model to York, PA

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26106
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11600
    • Conrail 1285
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 10:54:24 AM »
0
Between the containers and the KCS boxcars . . . .  :facepalm:

So I take it those KCS cars are good to go then? Appropriate for the mid 80s? I know I've asked about that before... I think the answer is yes, but I want to check with my local expert.

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9028
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: New Athearn May 31
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 11:53:47 AM »
0
They are good, but not in huge number - KCS had more PS's at that point if I recall.  I'll root around and see if I can get you firm ratios . . . .
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.