Author Topic: Show us your Briggs Kits  (Read 2568 times)

mark dance

• Crew
  • Respect: +796
    • The N Scale Columbia and Western
Re: Show us your Briggs Kits
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 09:05:17 PM »
+3
...and Kaslo`s H16-44s and CPR T&G and plywood cabooses I think. Jeff assembled and painted these for me too (my pride and joys!)

thx Jeff!

md
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 09:07:31 PM by mark dance »
Youtube Videos of the N Scale Columbia & Western at: markdance63
Photos and track plan of of the N Scale Columbia & Western at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27907618@N02/sets/72157624106602402/

craigolio1

• Crew
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2019, 09:39:55 PM »
I’ve always wanted to build a CP plywood caboose. I wish there was decent steel end cupola CP caboose.

Angus Shops

• Crew
  • Respect: +56
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 09:41:19 PM »
I have a small fleet of the CPR vans. They really punctuate the ends of my freights, but I could definitely use a few more... I also have a handful of the CP miniboxes that I haven't assembled yet.

Jeff is a treasure when it comes to local BC prototypes that we'd never otherwise see and I'm very glad to see that he's 'back in business' after a couple of slow years with a wide range of new products. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with.
Geoff

craigolio1

• Crew
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 10:03:54 PM »
Yes me too.  I can think of a few things. Top of my list? BC Rail RDC1 and 3 bodies. (Put me down for 6!) I know they are available on Shapeways but I’ve heard mixed reviews of them and frankly anything I’ve bought from Jeff was better than anything I’ve bought from Shapeways.... and I’d like to have the money stay in the country.

89 ft TOFC cars for BC Rail.

BCR Wood chip cars!

Ex ICG, BCR cabooses.

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +381
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 12:50:04 AM »
I’m still waiting for my C415s to arrive state-side.

Same.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

mandealco

• Crew
  • Respect: +87
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 01:56:08 AM »
My C-415 arrived last week and it looks awesome.  May need a little straightening on one of the side sills but the details and the brass fret are top class.

I had intended to put mine on a machined (thinned) Life-Like FA-1 chassis, as the wheelbase was correct, but it looks like it may be a tad high.  Is tad an international unit, or just a Kiwi one?  My C-415 will become Buffalo Southern 423, a former Rock Island unit, Jeff's shell will be perfect for the job.
Cheers
Steve

craigolio1

• Crew
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 09:52:05 AM »
Is it a resin shell or a printed shell?

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +194
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 12:05:53 PM »
+1
That water shot.  :o :o :o
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

craigolio1

• Crew
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »
That water shot.  :o :o :o

Yeah no kidding. Right? Marks set up makes me want to toss my trains and  try basket weaving. Haha. Seriously though the thing I love most about this forum is the commitment to quality modelling and how it encourages everyone to take it to the next level and therefor elevates the hobby. This goes for modellers and manufacturers... which brings me back around to the subject of this thread!

GhengisKong

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2019, 12:51:41 PM »
Is it a resin shell or a printed shell?

It's printed, but very well done. I received mine almost a month ago, still on my project list.

BCOL 747

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 01:35:53 PM »
Hi Bryan and Bryan

I have spoken to Jeff regarding your missing C-415s. It is a long weekend here in Canada so he is going to look into it first thing Monday morning and get it worked out for you. I have sent each of you an email as well.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and promise to get things fixed up for the both of you.

Kind regards,

Chris
chrisd@briggsmanufacturingassociates.com

briggsmodels

• Crew
  • Respect: +30
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 02:06:54 PM »
I am not sure who your are Bryan and Bryan, can you please send me a message through the website so I can identify you? I have some orders shipping Tuesday, and if your orders aren't enroute they will be in that batch.

craigolio1

• Crew
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 02:13:06 PM »
It's printed, but very well done. I received mine almost a month ago, still on my project list.

I asked because with the resin models I've had more often than not, a little to a lot of warping, and have had success making a block of wood that tightly fits inside the model.  I then submerge them in boiling water for a short time and the model relaxes into the correct shape.  My 8-40CWs were bad and are now straight, and all of my spine log cars needed help as well.

Perhaps this will work for the printed models too, but I recommend trying on scrap.

Craig

mandealco

• Crew
  • Respect: +87
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2019, 04:46:05 PM »
Craig, I don't think Mark would be happy if you gave up modelling trains in favour of basket weaving.  Though I understand what you're saying, Mark's work is certainly the benchMARK we all strive to reach. 

Steve

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +14
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2019, 04:36:43 PM »

and 52ft bulkhead flat car. Sure Prairie Shadows did it RTR but it was available in kit form 20 years ago. 

As a bonus, the Kaslo and Prairie Shadows cars are different prototypes.

Prairie Shadows is a Hawker-Siddeley and the Kaslo is a BCOL-only Railwest Manufacturing (basically BCOL Squamish Shops) car. Subtle differences in the bolster jacking pads and pulling loops, but the main difference is how the deck boards rest on top of the side sills on the RWM car vs. flush between the side sills on basically every other manufacturers' version(s).