Author Topic: TCS announces a new WiFi throttle: Not impressed.  (Read 3646 times)

Onizukachan

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
Re: TCS announces a new WiFi throttle: Not impressed.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 06:30:16 PM »
I wish withrottle would support using the volume keys in IOS for incremental changes to throttle.
That’s it.
I like having self labeled buttons for cabin lights, etc for locos that may have lighting functions located on different buttons. Especially between sound and non sound installs!

I was excited at $50. At 300... no thanks.

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +542
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 07:28:20 PM »
I wish withrottle would support using the volume keys in IOS for incremental changes to throttle.
That’s it.
I like having self labeled buttons for cabin lights, etc for locos that may have lighting functions located on different buttons. Especially between sound and non sound installs!

I was excited at $50. At 300... no thanks.
I thought apple does not allow the volume keys to be used by app developers
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2288
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 09:08:00 PM »
I thought apple does not allow the volume keys to be used by app developers

Correctamundo.

conrad

• Crew
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »

For me, the volume/throttle control with the android Engine Driver is a real plus.  Much finer control than the touch screen sliders.

With multi-throttle "consist" of non-speed matched locos I can make the couplers slack/unslack at will.

conrad

railnerd

• Crew
  • Respect: +230
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 04:48:24 PM »
FWIW, The TCS throttle will also support their upcoming command station, and future CAN-bus based LCC.

I'm working on my own hand-held WiThrottle project on the side— if I ever get it done, it may show up on the MRCS site.

-Dave

railnerd

• Crew
  • Respect: +230
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2019, 04:50:05 PM »
Correctamundo.

Yep.  Volume buttons aren't re-mappable (even though they are).  A couple of bad apps ruined that for everyone I guess.

TrinityJayOne

• Respect: 0
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 08:00:08 PM »
Pre-ordered mine. I did scoff at the price at first, but then I trust TCS to make a quality product so jumped in. Besides, it's either this or cough up the upgrade fee (+international shipping) to make my DT402 duplex, and that's still locked to Digitrax radio hardware. Phones are nice but the lack of tactile feedback is a dealbreaker for me.