Author Topic: Newport & Rock Falls: Another Retro Micro-Layout  (Read 7546 times)

MichaelT

• Crew
  • HCD module mania!
  • Respect: +1
Re: Newport & Rock Falls: Another Retro Layout
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2019, 05:16:54 PM »
Glad to see you're still lurking, @MichaelT ...  I hope all is well with you!
Lee

Thanks Lee, there has been a lot of things going on in ministry and between family, work, and our local church my train time has become little bits here and there. 
And yeah, reading, keeping up, taking in ideas and tips...just don't have much to show and would be embarrassed to anyway. My skills are nowhere near where the majority of this group is.

Our little hobby shop group has continued working on HO and N layout modules based on HCD's 32x80 or 16x80, and putting them up at a couple of shows here in Arkansas. With some changes at home I don't have a dedicated train room any longer so have to work on small projects and something like this would fill the gap nicely I think. I've been trying to offload my large scale inventory, but haven't found the right person to write me the right check for all of it...maybe someday.

I have sold off about 2/3's of my HO inventory at the last few shows we've been at, so that's dwindling down nicely. 
Jesus is my engineer! :)

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Your choice for ANAL...
  • Respect: +2062
    • DKS Home
Re: Newport & Rock Falls: Another Retro Layout
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2019, 09:48:18 AM »
+1
After having completed the commissioned Postage Stamp layout (https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=47395.0), I returned to work on this retro layout. I finished the wiring, and began installing structures.

However, having a touch of ADD means I'm easily distracted, and I've been thinking about resurrecting the Penn Central Stockton Branch (https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=44969.0) project as well. Stay tuned to see what I work on next.
"Life's a piece of sh!t when you look at it."
                                       —Monty Python