Author Topic: Briggs Models C-415 in production and ready to ship  (Read 1847 times)

BCOL 747

• Crew
  • Respect: +143
Briggs Models C-415 in production and ready to ship
« on: January 30, 2019, 04:41:39 PM »
Hello Gentleman

Just dropping you a quick note to let you know that the Briggs Models C-415 are in production and ready to ship. You can order your kits from http://www.briggsmodels.ca

Once on the site please go to the orders page where you will find the ordering link to several versions of the C-415. There are subtle differences between the railroad specific versions so please be cognizant of which road you are ordering.

In addition, would you be so kind to add “as per Chris Dittmar” in the 2nd address line please.

Thank you all for making this project come to life. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at this address.

Kind regards.

Chris Dittmar
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 07:32:50 AM by GaryHinshaw »

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
Re: Briggs Models C-415 in production and ready to ship
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 04:53:03 PM »
Chris -
Thank you for spearheading this.  A couple of questions if you don't mind. 
Once on the pages, it doesn't mention anything about chassis or truck side frames.
With my interest in the Chehalis Western version and for those that will be interested in the SP&S and/or the BN version, I want to be sure that those kits will include the Hi-Ad truck side frames.
Are there any pictures yet of any of the versions?
I can imagine I'm not the only one interested in seeing what it is we'd be getting.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

BCOL 747

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:42:15 PM »
+2
Hi Bryan

How do these work for you?

Check the website tomorrow morning as there should be a multitude of photos up.

Chris

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2288
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 04:05:10 PM »
Two SP versions arrived in the mail this morning. IMPRESSIVE! And daunting, too. Lots of irons in the fire in the moment - many not of my doing - so progress may be less than speedy. Very much looking forward to adding these to the roster.

GhengisKong

• Crew
  • Respect: +84
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 05:37:35 PM »
Two SP versions arrived in the mail this morning. IMPRESSIVE! And daunting, too. Lots of irons in the fire in the moment - many not of my doing - so progress may be less than speedy. Very much looking forward to adding these to the roster.

Post pics!

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 05:50:29 PM »
Lemme see what I can do without jeopardizing the project. I really don't want to take stuff out of the baggies until I'm ready to work on them. Many, many, many small bits just itching at the chance to get lost in the clutter on the bench. :facepalm:

BCOL 747

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 07:14:10 PM »
Post pics!

Try this link on the Briggs Site. It gives a good breakdown of what is in the kit.

http://www.briggsmodels.ca/instruction-files.php

Kind regards,

Chris

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 10:42:18 PM »
Yeah, Chris's pictures in the instructions are a better general look. The gray resin is very hard to photograph for detail. Nonetheless, here are a couple of pics from a few minutes ago after very carefully trimming supports from the main body pieces. The parts are mostly just pressed together on the chassis in an organized pile for the photo, and not anywhere close to finished alignment.

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 02:07:40 AM »
So...you're modeling Taylor Yard?
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

C855B

• Crew
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 07:52:52 AM »
C-415s were more than Taylor; but, yes, generally speaking I am modeling the area. SP's C-415s were mostly used in pairs for transfer runs to and from Los Nietos, locals up and down the Santa Ana Branch, and pushing cuts in and around Industry. Basically, pretty much anywhere on SP's southeast L.A. basin lines including occasionally wandering into West Colton. Infrequently one would get stuck working (old) Colton, but that's as far east as they went. My specific intent is portraying transfer cuts between Taylor or Industry and UP's East Yard. During their heyday they were interchangeable with SW1500 pairs.

Wolf N Works

• Crew
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »
Does anyone know if the motors from the current Atlas GP will work with this kit. I do not have any RS 3 or 11 laying around and would hate to buy just for the few parts that are needed. I have some trucks and they are still avail from Atlas, they just do not show the motors are being available.
Thanks in advance

briggsmodels

• Crew
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 05:13:46 PM »
Hi, you can use the motor from almost any Atlas model, also the trucks from RS3 or RS11 models will work. You will also need the universal couplings.

Wolf N Works

• Crew
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 09:41:10 PM »
That is what I was thinking thanks for the info