Author Topic: Challenge #3 - “The only difference between hell and Thurmond . . .  (Read 527 times)

Kentuckian

• Crew
  • "This all started with Romans 10:9!" -Apologetix
  • Respect: +51
. . is that a river runs through Thurmond.” That would be Thurmond, West by thunder Virginia.  A few weeks ago a friend of mine was showing off his T-trak modules at a train show. There is a club in Cincinnati. So I have been thinking about it anyway, and the Challenge pushed me over the edge.

I’m still waiting for my double module kit to come in, but the track did come in this week. This is two nights work so far painting ties. I plan on using the Radical Flats paper kits over 1/16” micro plywood that is also on order. A water tank and a standpipe are also planned.
Modeling the C&O in Eastern Kentucky.
C&O HS

Kentuckian

• Crew
If track was Step 1, the module is Step 2. The mailman just arrived.

C&O HS

Kentuckian

• Crew
Module assembled and ties halfway painted. Once the track is permanently attached to the frame, I will go back and paint the ties at the joints.

Micro plywood for structures and a Plastruct order for the standpipe came in this week.

C&O HS

jpec

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Perception and reality engage in a daily civil war
  • Respect: +103
Crossing the bridge at Thurmond is a trippy experience, especially when you and the train are going in opposite directions.
"It's sad that you have to die to see how many people loved you..." - Rodney Bingenheimer

Kentuckian

• Crew
+1
A wee bit of progress. Sky board is next.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I think all of the tie painting was worth it. Painted concrete ties vs. the wood. I will fix the joint areas.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:15:55 PM by Kentuckian »
C&O HS

Mark W

• Crew
  • Respect: +1258
    • Free-moNebraska
I think all of the tie painting was worth it. Painted concrete ties vs. the wood. I will fix the joint areas.

Definitely! 
Contact me about custom model building.
Learn more about Free-moNebraska.