Author Topic: Black River & Western  (Read 7155 times)

jpec

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Perception and reality engage in a daily civil war
  • Respect: +115
Re: Black River & Western
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2019, 11:42:37 PM »
@jpec, I just noticed this...

Does that mean what I think it means?

I may ask if I can borrow your concept's identity in the future. I have an O scale RS11 and an NW2 that would  look wonderful running out their golden years in an RC paint scheme. I'm mulling over ideas now. I'm thinking of just modeling an interchange with a lone customer close at hand. We had a short line railroad just outside of D. C. (the last vestige of an Otto Mears venture to turn a small town on the Chesapeake in to the Monte Carlo of the U. S. but it flopped) that finished its life taking their wheezing Whitcomb 3 miles to pick up a boxcar of wine off the B & O  and deliver it 150' to their customer.  I would just change the players and the setting.
"It's sad that you have to die to see how many people loved you..." - Rodney Bingenheimer

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Your choice for ANAL...
  • Respect: +1732
    • DKS Home
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2019, 04:40:12 AM »
I may ask if I can borrow your concept's identity in the future. I have an O scale RS11 and an NW2 that would  look wonderful running out their golden years in an RC paint scheme. I'm mulling over ideas now. I'm thinking of just modeling an interchange with a lone customer close at hand. We had a short line railroad just outside of D. C. (the last vestige of an Otto Mears venture to turn a small town on the Chesapeake in to the Monte Carlo of the U. S. but it flopped) that finished its life taking their wheezing Whitcomb 3 miles to pick up a boxcar of wine off the B & O  and deliver it 150' to their customer.  I would just change the players and the setting.

Well, since that layout will never get built, by all means, use the concept! (Heck, even if it was getting built, you could still use it.)
"Life's a piece of sh!t when you look at it."
                                       —Monty Python

Dave V

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • The Route of the Galloping Goose
  • Respect: +3395
    • Dave Vollmer's N Scale Pennsy
« Reply #152 on: July 01, 2019, 02:37:34 PM »
This popped up in my YouTube subscriptions...thought it might help get those DKS creative juices (which I assume can be purchased in bottles?) flowing:

Silver San Juan Scenic Line

Member SlimRail Modular Colorado Narrow Gauge
http://www.slimrail.net/

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
    • DKS Home
« Reply #153 on: July 01, 2019, 03:33:39 PM »
+1
This popped up in my YouTube subscriptions...thought it might help get those DKS creative juices (which I assume can be purchased in bottles?) flowing:

Well, thank you, Dr. Hotballs! As it happens, I'm doing a lot of sheetrock work--I'm closing in on the completion of the living level, and the next one up is the middle level--office and layout room. So this does the job!
                                       —Monty Python

CRL

• Crew
  • Respect: +119
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2019, 08:30:56 PM »
Be sure to do a cat head count before you start taping the drywall.

EmdFan

• Crew
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
Just found this thread, this will be interesting to follow. I have learned a lot about the history of the area I wasn't aware of (I live just north of Flemington, in Annandale). Once I get out of our condo and into a place with more room I may "borrow" some of the ideas if you don't mind David.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
    • DKS Home
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2019, 09:39:03 AM »
Once I get out of our condo and into a place with more room I may "borrow" some of the ideas if you don't mind David.

Not in the slightest! You can use the entire plan as-is, if you like. Also, if you haven't seen it yet, there's a lot of information about the railroad and the towns through which it passes starting here: http://davidksmith.com/modeling/reading-central/rcr-6-1.htm
                                       —Monty Python

EmdFan

• Crew
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2019, 06:36:18 PM »
Not in the slightest! You can use the entire plan as-is, if you like. Also, if you haven't seen it yet, there's a lot of information about the railroad and the towns through which it passes starting here: http://davidksmith.com/modeling/reading-central/rcr-6-1.htm

Thanks, that was an excellent read. I perused your web site some more, lots of great info. I look forward to seeing your build thread once your home is done and ready for a layout.