Author Topic: New LokSound V.5 replaces Select, old V.4  (Read 2498 times)

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +116
Re: New LokSound V.5 replaces Select, old V.4
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2019, 01:38:42 PM »
^ saw that.  Have been grumbling since.

I have a stash of 16 ESU LokSound Select Micro #73800 and 4 #73800-P (6-pin plug).  I had been buying them slowly over the past few years and waiting for ESU to release more PRR and C&O specific/applicable sound files.  Now, I'd rather wait for the V5 LokSound (whenever they arrive), which, for a few dollars more, I can make my own sounds.

If anybody wants to buy some of my stash then no reasonable offer would be refused.  The only thing I don't know about is how a warranty return would be done if one should be needed.  Except for two that I've used for measurements when planning installs, these decoders are all new, in original packaging and most have never even been opened.  If necessary, I have a LokProgrammer to load a sound file on them but at the moment they are all with the default file that comes from the factory.

PM me if there is any interest.

Shipped to Streamlined Backshops for consignment sale.  Thanks

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:56:55 PM by reinhardtjh »
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

reinhardtjh

• Crew
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2019, 06:28:35 AM »
While looking at the ESU page for the Loksound V5 Micro I noticed the deliver dates had been updated for the NMRA DCC/Motorola/Marklin multi-protocol decoders to weeks 16 and 13 of 2019.  The NMRA DCC only decoders do not have any delivery date listed.  I don't know if that's good or bad.  There is also no delivery date listed on any of the pages for the larger sized V5 decoders - presumably because they have been delivered and are in the pipeline.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

reinhardtjh

• Crew
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2019, 03:26:44 PM »
Posted late Yesterday on the ESU USA Facebook page

Quote from: ESU LLC - LokSound
ESU LLC - LokSound
19 hrs ·
After NUMEROUS DHL and customs shipping delays ALL the components for the LokSound 5 HO, L and XL are FINALLY HERE!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!
In fact, the first shipments went out the door today!
We will be shipping in the order that the sales orders were placed, but will get them all to the dealers ASAP!!!
We have A LOT of back orders so please just be a little more patient as we work around the clock to get these out.
LokSound 5 Micro decoders are waiting for an electrical component from our supplier. Once those components have been delivered production on them will be THE priority so we can ship them as well.
There are many BRAND NEW LokSound 5 sound files on the download pages already so the full spectrum of features can be utilized now, but remember that ANY of the LokSound V4 Sound files will load automatically onto the LokSound 5 decoders so there are over 100 sound files that can be used NOW!!!! That is more than any other North American Decoder company and we are only getting started!!!!
http://projects.esu.eu/projectoverviews/18
The bar has once again been raised!!! Welcome to 5th Generation of LokSound decoders!!!

Still no ETA on the Micro decoders.  According to other posts they are waiting on a part from a company in "AZ", which I assume is Arizona.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

reinhardtjh

• Crew
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

nightmare0331

• Crew
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 04:05:41 PM »
As of this morning, I'm hearing early to mid May for the Micro V5.0's due to the component issue.

This has been an *interesting* roll out of a new product line which has me essentially ground to a halt waiting on product.

Enjoy!

Kelley.
www.dufordmodelworks.com

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +294
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2019, 04:27:47 PM »
That's good news! Hope it is indeed the case. I was thinking we were looking at several months.

Russ

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +190
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2019, 04:34:42 PM »
As of this morning, I'm hearing early to mid May for the Micro V5.0's due to the component issue.

This has been an *interesting* roll out of a new product line which has me essentially ground to a halt waiting on product.

Enjoy!

Kelley.
www.dufordmodelworks.com
Have you been able to get any of the adapter boards to start future install projects? I'm really curious about the fit of these inside Kato narrow hood locos
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

tehachapifan

• Crew
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2019, 01:21:39 PM »

Enjoy!

Kelley.
www.dufordmodelworks.com

Here we are in mid May. Anyone hear any updates?
Russ

RBrodzinsky

• Crew
  • Respect: +226
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2019, 02:16:30 PM »
All but the Micros are available.  The last word was Micros should start shipping end of this month
Rick Brodzinsky
Chief Engineer - JACALAR Railroad
Silicon Valley FreeMo-N

woodone

• Crew
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2019, 02:53:41 PM »
WOW!  This is got to really worry the manufacture— design a new thing only to find that a key part is no longer serviced.  Has I understand, there is a component that is hard to come by?

peteski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1733
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2019, 03:23:31 PM »
WOW!  This is got to really worry the manufacture— design a new thing only to find that a key part is no longer serviced.  Has I understand, there is a component that is hard to come by?

As I understand they are using brand new component on V5 decoders (and there are shortages).  They supposedly discontinued the V4 decoder because of obsolete part.
--- Peteski de Snarkski
--- Honorary Resident Curmudgeon

tehachapifan

• Crew
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2019, 08:55:12 PM »
+1
Saw a post at the ESU forum that seemed to indicate someone I think in Europe has possession of a V5 Micro, which I guess is a good sign unless some came out before the component availability issue cropped up.
Russ

milw12

• Crew
  • Respect: +138
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2019, 05:09:33 PM »
As I'm new to the whole DCC/Sound thing, this thread explains a lot about why I haven't been able to find much for Loksound decoders. Wanted to try a locomotive to see how it goes/sounds, but I'll play with my silent trains in the meantime  8)

Tony's Train Exchange has these: https://tonystrains.com/product/esu-58810-loksound-v5-mm-micro-8-pin-sound-decoder-factory-sound-file-no-programming

Are these the same decoders? Mind you, I'm like two weeks into my DCC adventures, it's been a bit of a trip sourcing speakers and capacitors.

-Lucas
"'Model railroading is a continuing series of frustrations punctuated by moments of mild satisfaction.'" -C855B

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +540
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
As I'm new to the whole DCC/Sound thing, this thread explains a lot about why I haven't been able to find much for Loksound decoders. Wanted to try a locomotive to see how it goes/sounds, but I'll play with my silent trains in the meantime  8)

Tony's Train Exchange has these: https://tonystrains.com/product/esu-58810-loksound-v5-mm-micro-8-pin-sound-decoder-factory-sound-file-no-programming

Are these the same decoders? Mind you, I'm like two weeks into my DCC adventures, it's been a bit of a trip sourcing speakers and capacitors.

-Lucas

I suspect Tony's doesn't actually have these in stock.  There are no known sightings of the V.5 micro in the US.  However, when they ARE available, this would be the decoder to get for narrow-hood diesel installations unless the board-style Select Direct Micro would be more appropriate.

John C.

reinhardtjh

• Crew
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2019, 08:19:48 PM »
I suspect Tony's doesn't actually have these in stock.  There are no known sightings of the V.5 micro in the US.  However, when they ARE available, this would be the decoder to get for narrow-hood diesel installations unless the board-style Select Direct Micro would be more appropriate.

John C.

I'll agree with John C. except that you probably just want the LokSound V5 Micro DCC rather than the multi-protocol one on that link.  The difference is (besides about $15) is the DCC is meant for the North American and Australian markets which typically only run NMRA DCC protocol while the other is meant for Europe where they also have M4, Motorola® and Selectrix® protocols.  So if you have the typical Digitrax/NCE/MRC/etc US brand DCC systems then all you need is the DCC version.  Look for the 58820 stock number.  Unless you are putting it in a ScaleTrains DCC ready loco, then you want the 58828 which has the Next18 connector.

So 8-pin wired (pins can be cut off):  https://store.sbs4dcc.com/ESU58820LokSound5MicroNMRADCCSoundDecoder-NEM6528-pinWiredPlug.aspx

Next18 connector (no wires):  https://store.sbs4dcc.com/ESU58828LokSound5MicroNMRADCCSoundDecoder-NEM662Next18Integral.aspx

I used Streamlined Backshop because they are my favorite online store for DCC and I couldn't find the items on Tony's site.  But whenever they actually hit the stores in North Americal, there will be several places selling them.  Just pick the correct ESU stock number.

Edit:Fixed ESU Stock Numbers.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:35:10 PM by reinhardtjh »
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566