Author Topic: River Point Station N Scale Ford F-350 Trucks  (Read 6251 times)

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +118
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
Re: River Point Station N Scale Ford F-350 Trucks
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2019, 11:30:43 PM »
+1
I "discovered" an easy kitbash to add some variety.  In the photo below, I "converted" a F-250 crew cab with the XL trim package to a F-250 crew cab with the XLT trim package by replacing the dark gray grille and painted bumpers with the chrome grille and chrome bumpers from a crew cab kit.

I am still working on making regular cab pickups in both the XL and XLT trim packages.   :)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 11:47:42 PM by cfritschle »
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +389
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2019, 09:27:53 AM »
Holy smokes, those are nice8)

Ed

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +132
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
Carter - any sense how well these did and if they might be encouraged to do more???

cfritschle

• Crew
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2019, 10:00:25 PM »
Carter - any sense how well these did and if they might be encouraged to do more???

Louis,

I am responding with my own observations, and I am certainly not "speaking" for Ron, nor have I checked with him.

I have been watching how they are selling at ModelTrainStuff.  It looks like the first order of the white crew cab set, the white utility truck set, and the Union Pacific set sold well.  I believe they started with 50 of each set, and once those sold out, they re-ordered a smaller batch of those three paint schemes.  In checking this evening, I see the white utility trucks have sold out again.  That is an encouraging sign, but I don't know how many RPS may have left in their inventory.

I am hoping that as more retailers add these models to their web pages, more modelers will realize they are available, and they will ultimately sell out in a time frame that will justify another run.  Ron has more paint schemes that he would like to offer, but of course that won't happen until the inventory from the first run is low enough to justify investing in a second run. 

Needless to say, I really want these to be successful!    :D   
Carter

cfritschle

• Crew
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2019, 09:38:14 AM »
The regular cab pickups are shown below.

The "west coast" style mirrors seem to be a little more than what would be needed for a F-250 pickup, unless it was pulling a large trailer.  Therefore, I removed the smaller molded on mirrors from one of the "donor" crew cab pickups and attached them to one of the regular cab pickups to see if that was possible.   It worked for the most part, but the tweezers I was using did distort the mirror on the right side of the pickup a bit.   :(

However, I would really like to have the west coast mirrors when I am pulling my grain trailer with the F-250 shown below.

I did find some plastic mirrors that slide over the stock mirrors so I can legally pull the 8-foot wide trailer.   :)
Carter

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +528
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2019, 11:09:50 AM »
The regular cab pickups are shown below.

The "west coast" style mirrors seem to be a little more than what would be needed for a F-250 pickup, unless it was pulling a large trailer.  Therefore, I removed the smaller molded on mirrors from one of the "donor" crew cab pickups and attached them to one of the regular cab pickups to see if that was possible.   It worked for the most part, but the tweezers I was using did distort the mirror on the right side of the pickup a bit.   :(

However, I would really like to have the west coast mirrors when I am pulling my grain trailer with the F-250 shown below.

I did find some plastic mirrors that slide over the stock mirrors so I can legally pull the 8-foot wide trailer.   :)

Pro-tip: the Showcase Z scale truck mirrors are perfect for N scale pickups.
'In my great and unmatched wisdom'

cfritschle

• Crew
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2019, 01:21:49 PM »
Pro-tip: the Showcase Z scale truck mirrors are perfect for N scale pickups.

Thanks Daniel, I will give them a try.
Carter