Author Topic: Upcoming Micro-Trains 993 01 765 Weathered TTX Well Car Release Question  (Read 3454 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4614
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Upcoming Micro-Trains 993 01 765 Weathered TTX Well Car Release Question
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2019, 04:33:35 PM »
Yeah, in today's world railroad graffiti is everywhere!  Europe is just as bad as the Americas.  Not sure about Australia, Asia and Middle East (haven't seen much from those regions, but I suspect it is there too).
. . . 42 . . .

nuno81291

• Crew
  • Respect: +311
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2019, 04:58:14 PM »
I see as much graffiti across Europe as anywhere in the US.  :facepalm: few things get under my skin more than rose colored glasses modern modelers. Suggesting they were tagged in the US? Do you get out much? :facepalm: :RUEffinKiddingMe:

Edit: maybe it’s because I am amongst the youngest on the board, but you can’t be a prototype modeler and ignore graffiti today; period.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 05:06:23 PM by nuno81291 »
Guilford Rail System in the 80s/90s

CRL

• Crew
  • Needs More Dirt.
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2019, 05:02:44 PM »
Canadian tags alway end with ...ay.

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +128
    • Trains N Scale
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2019, 09:18:42 PM »
I see as much graffiti across Europe as anywhere in the US.  :facepalm: few things get under my skin more than rose colored glasses modern modelers. Suggesting they were tagged in the US? Do you get out much? :facepalm: :RUEffinKiddingMe:

Edit: maybe it’s because I am amongst the youngest on the board, but you can’t be a prototype modeler and ignore graffiti today; period.

Re: "... few things get under my skin more than rose colored glasses modern modelers."

Considering that I have been modeling the Clinchfield Railroad for the past 25+ years and only began modeling the BNSF and CN Port Rupert operations over the past twelve months, certainly wouldn't call myself a modern modeler.

Absolutely none of the thousands of slides, negatives, and photos of 1960s - 1983 Clinchfield consists that reside in my personal collection exhibit any graffitied rolling-stock.

Tagging must be a contemporary, urban phenomenon.

Re: Do you get out much?

No

With easy access to the Internet and a huge library of research books and material, why bother?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:21:44 PM by pmpexpress »

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4614
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 10:02:30 PM »

Tagging must be a contemporary, urban phenomenon.

Well, the actual tagging does usually take place in urban areas (where cars are stationary long enough to do the "deed"), since railroad cars travel all over the country, the tagged cars appear anywhere and everywhere.

As for contemporary, well, the elaborate full-car murals are probably something that appeared for probably 40 years now, but graffiti has been gracing railroad cars sides for many, many decades. Remember Kilroy and other simple drawings going back to the first half of 20th Century? 
. . . 42 . . .

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2019, 11:50:11 PM »
If you haven't seen 'Who is Bozo Texino', it's worth the DVD price.   (Not too many 'urban' scenes in there, though.)

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 03:03:03 AM »
Well, the actual tagging does usually take place in urban areas (where cars are stationary long enough to do the "deed"), since railroad cars travel all over the country, the tagged cars appear anywhere and everywhere.

Not to mention how many places in the US, where barely profitable short lines, who's largest revenue source is from Class I's and/or leasing companies paying rent to store long strings of cars.
Easy pickings.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA