Author Topic: Missing AMT Multilevels  (Read 4546 times)

CHUCKGEO

• Crew
  • Respect: +123
Re: Missing AMT Multilevels
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 05:34:15 PM »
For most manufacturers, I'd say you should have been more careful. However, Atlas has always been great when I ordered direct, and the order was messed up. No questions asked, they just make it right, and fast too.  This shouldn't happen to anyone, let alone a company who always put customers first.

Doug G.

• Crew
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 09:46:27 PM »
Dark Ops in ToyTown. And no, a wall wouldn't have helped....   :facepalm:
d

Are we introducing leftist politics into this thread?

Doug
Atlas First Generation Motive Power and Treble-O-Lectric. Click on the link:
www.irwinsjournal.com/a1g/a1glocos/

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +1945
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2019, 09:56:55 PM »
+4
It could also just be a kid too. When I was displaying for the N Scale Vehicle Association, kids would just come up and grab things. It's a delicate balance to discourage this behavior but also not come off as a jerk. I bet more than a few models Springfield end up in the back seat crevasses of a minivan.

I’m placing odds this was someone much older. I’ve seen far more older modelers being the light fingered ones. They live check to check on a fixed income but still feel they are entitled to enjoy an expensive hobby with no regards to the impact they create.
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

mcjaco

• Crew
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2019, 11:03:57 AM »
+1
Given some of the parenting skill sets, or lack there of, I have seen over the last few decades would not be surprised in the least. Entitlement generation and off spring and all that...

Kind regards,
Bill

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  We have more issues at shows with adults, than kids.....and that's not saying we don't have issues with kids, it's just that adults seems to be more handsy. 
~ Matt

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  We have more issues at shows with adults, than kids.....and that's not saying we don't have issues with kids, it's just that adults seems to be more handsy.

I believe your post.  My LHS owner once discussed shoplifting at his store, noting that they lost an SUV worth of merchandise every year to sort of give me an estimate of  the magnitude of the problem.  They have cameras, and he also noted that I would be surprised by who the thieves were,  most often middle age white guys and regular customers, like myself, not kids, not presumably less wealthier modelers, or drug dealers randomly searching out stores and trying to steal to make money, or whatever.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +345
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2019, 06:01:47 PM »
Maybe it was a customer who felt they were wronged by Atlas and it was an act of retribution! 
Brian

Way of the Zephyr