Author Topic: New to the forum and question about ESU select L decoder  (Read 912 times)

MoGrandpa

• Respect: +1
New to the forum and question about ESU select L decoder
« on: January 30, 2019, 05:11:43 PM »
+1
I’m new to the forum and ESU select L decoders for O scale. I’m looking for advice on how to get the prime mover not to rev up after it starts. I’m just wanting it to start and idle. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated.
William

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +542
Re: New to the forum and question about ESU select L decoder
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 05:17:08 PM »
What sound file is loaded. For instance the sound file for an sd70ace will rev the engine after start because it's building air pressure back up after the air starting sequence. It's prototypical and once "pressure" is established, the engine returns to idle.
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

MoGrandpa

• Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:31:03 PM »
Thank you and that’s the locomotive I have is a SD70ace, and I forgot to mention that I have the Lok programmer and tester with the extension. I’m converting several MTH locomotives to the ESU select L. I’m guessing that I will have a few more questions as I get into the programming. William

Steveruger45

• Crew
  • Respect: +524
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 06:11:37 PM »
While I model n scale there are some sound files that do that on my locos too SD/gp60’s  You can stop it and get the engine back to low idle by turning to speedstep 1 and back to zero. 
Steve

Jbub

• Crew
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +542
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 06:55:52 PM »
It's really a just a start up sequence for the EMD 710  with air start. ESU USA is all about prototype fidelity.
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader