Author Topic: Athearn N scale announcements 30Nov  (Read 3223 times)

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
Re: Athearn N scale announcements 30Nov
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 09:16:47 AM »
Both Athearn and Exactrail have stated all their tooling is being updated to include body move couplers and metal wheels.

Has Exactrail announced a re-release of something?

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +413
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 11:10:22 AM »
Well I think it's great that Athearn is bringing back serviceable MDC boxcar tooling that was neglected.  And I think it's lame (as I said in a previous thread) that they invested development resources in a hopper that's already done well by two other companies.  If they'd done the low side that Exactrail will probably never rerun...

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2098
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 11:39:10 AM »
Is that gondola the same as the one that looked like it was dipped in paint some years ago ? If so what about this crop ? They were pretty heavy too . Got to wonder how many of those can be hauled by any given loco . I may get a couple though . Don't know if I will still be alive to see them . :D

Order by mid Dec 2018 and due by mid Nov 2019 .... wow .

Richie Dost

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 09:25:30 AM »
Well I think it's great that Athearn is bringing back serviceable MDC boxcar tooling that was neglected.  And I think it's lame (as I said in a previous thread) that they invested development resources in a hopper that's already done well by two other companies.  If they'd done the low side that Exactrail will probably never rerun...

Well, I believe there were more schemes in the low side version. I'd have to check. MTL has dribbled out their 4427....and the 4780 is such small amounts, it's ridiculous for us. Trainworx has done some nice ones and I hope they do more once the manufacturing issues are resolved. At least with the Athearns, we are getting a bunch of schemes in as delivered and second generation to make it more interesting.

I see your point about grain hoppers, but there have been an awful lot of them out on the rails since the 70's so it's probably good to see some of the older car's getting done. There are quite a few still on the rails operated by leasing companies even though most no longer haul grain. That won't be the case in a few more years.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 09:31:33 PM »
In terms of schemes done on 4427s (low or high side) - they've only touched the tip of the iceberg.

I am hoping to see this one someday:

https://www.tangentscalemodels.com/product/tldx-peavey-original-1967-ps4427-high-side-covered-hopper/

Mark

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2018, 10:04:14 AM »
In terms of schemes done on 4427s (low or high side) - they've only touched the tip of the iceberg.

I am hoping to see this one someday:

https://www.tangentscalemodels.com/product/tldx-peavey-original-1967-ps4427-high-side-covered-hopper/

Mark

That's a good one. Morning Sun's X Car color guide V5 has a smorgasbord of 4427's in cool schemes.