Author Topic: OKC train show pics Dec 2 2018  (Read 1562 times)

txronharris

• Crew
  • Respect: +24
OKC train show pics Dec 2 2018
« on: December 06, 2018, 04:17:32 AM »
+4
Here's a link to some pics from the show:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4hUVF6gLR1HBkTKH7

Most of them are Nscale since that's what I model, but some HO and others mixed in.

The large NTrak layout was a combined effort of several clubs and was set up in a very large "B" shape. Lots of great detail including the airport with strobes and sound effects.

The Western Kansas Rails group had an awesome layout also with several large industries (look at the road coloring and drainage too).

The HO guys were using lots of animation and lights. The tornado module had a rotating tornado and thunder sounds/lightning flashes in clouds, and flashing lights on the emergency  vehicles.

The T-Trak guys had some pretty incredible modules including the Arc de Triomphe corner with some french music playing, and the parade with LED fireworks going off and some incredible detail.

Were a few other clubs including a couple with entire layouts made of Lego (somehow I forgot to take pics of those) and some good vendors, including a guy that makes great N Scale military and iron ore models.

If you get a chance, put it on your calendar for next year.

Albert in N

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
Re: OKC train show pics Dec 2 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »
 :). Nice!  Thanks for sharing your photos!

mplsjct

• Crew
  • Respect: +391
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 09:34:25 AM »
Some cool modules for sure, the Tulsa interlocking and the freight house are favorites, the airport one was pretty cool too
I’m not here to argue

nthusiast

• Crew
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 10:43:16 AM »
+1
Thanks for sharing. Such cool, creative work ... love Mt. Rushmore.

GhengisKong

• Crew
  • Respect: +84
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 10:50:23 AM »
The OkNRail and NEONS guys have some great modules. Russell Straw's modules are also top notch as well as Jochen and Ingoe's modules. Nice catch on that City of St Louis train!

uncljoe

• Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »
+1
Thank you for POSTING
Semper Fi
Joe

uncljoe

• Respect: +2
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 12:08:57 PM »
Thank you for POSTING
Semper Fi
Joe

soo

• Crew
  • Respect: +107
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 03:01:48 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics!

Some great work there,, I recognize many thing from past shows I have been to. Like Russel Straw's work,, Joe Cox's postal cars.. the list goes on.

CYA,,Y-it

samusi01

• Crew
  • Respect: +430
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 09:40:36 PM »
+1
Thanks! Lots of familiar faces amongst the NEONS/OKC folks but it looks like my anonymity was mostly preserved: the train headed up by the Katy unit is mine.

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +144
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 10:21:45 AM »
Great stuff, Ron!  I have stopped going to OKC, but may have to make the drive up from DFW next year.  It really is a better show than Plano, and most others below the national and WGH shows.

GhengisKong

• Crew
  • Respect: +84
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 10:42:45 AM »
+2
Great stuff, Ron!  I have stopped going to OKC, but may have to make the drive up from DFW next year.  It really is a better show than Plano, and most others below the national and WGH shows.

This year's edition was one of the best in recent years. It was the most N scale I've ever seen there, operating or for sale.

txronharris

• Crew
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 08:20:21 PM »
Thanks! Lots of familiar faces amongst the NEONS/OKC folks but it looks like my anonymity was mostly preserved: the train headed up by the Katy unit is mine.

Good to know. I don't know many people so no slight intended for not mentioning you. Spoke to Russ and met a couple other guys though. Definitely a cool show and it was great to see the NEON's layout with the other modules involved.

For me, the guys from Western Kansas Rails had my favorite layout because of the large industries and the details. That six foot elevator was really great, and the road details and the drainage modeled along the roads and track was a great touch. Liked their staging yard too and it could easily be adapted for home use.

I was impressed with the extensive use of lighting effects on several of the modules. I've got the itch to build another module and get back into things with a club, and there were lots of great things on several modules of all scales that were great ideas.

I will make sure to attend next year if time and work permits for sure. Hopefully even have a module there.   

samusi01

• Crew
  • Respect: +430
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 11:02:12 AM »
No slight received!

Loved all the details on the Western Kansas layout. They invited a number of us over Saturday afternoon for an operating session on the innermost loop - interesting and I grabbed a bunch of pictures for ideas to implement.

Sam