0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
@Chris333 Would be interesting to confirm similar results with other resins. I suspect "Mama" is right... resin is as resin does. I've been impressed (and surprised) by some side by side comparisons of FXD to Photon stuff in terms of layering - surprised as FXD is laid down at 16 microns while from what I've read the Photo layers are 25-100. Perhaps fodder for a separate thread, but what do we know yet about the Photon resins vs FXD/FUD? To your point, are you aware of any published comparative data on the various Photon resins? (physical metrics such as elongation & flexibility etc)
This kind of asshattery also needs bannerized.
Thx John. Great test! And looks like an interesting mini paint mixer as well!If I may ask, what is the equivalent turn radius of the slight curvature you included? Of course, the variability in the design of the truck / journal box is a key factor in the durability of a specific truck. And I'm still concerned by the stability of FXD/FUD over time, given the observation of oxidative degradation (as evidenced by crystal bloom) and how such that may theoretically lead to an increase in embrittlement. And of course, to test, one ideally would modify your rig till it leads to truck failures (increase speed, distance, time and/or radius of track curvature) and compare to expected use. Theoretically, the failure points would be wear in pocket trailing journal as well as potential to snap the box off, but such is looking less likely.Still, would also be interested to learn if some of the axle point wear (if I'm seeing it correctly) could be reduced with lube? While not needed in POM given it's greasy finish, FXD/FUD seems to be the opposite extreme - dry and abrasive. So if compatible, a dry lube product like "Grease'em" (dry graphite) or a dry moly might get embedded into the FXD matrix, providing a Babbet like surface improving rolling operations / reducing fiction.[TRW Drift Alert] @Chris333 Would be interesting to confirm similar results with other resins. I suspect "Mama" is right... resin is as resin does. I've been impressed (and surprised) by some side by side comparisons of FXD to Photon stuff in terms of layering - surprised as FXD is laid down at 16 microns while from what I've read the Photo layers are 25-100. Perhaps fodder for a separate thread, but what do we know yet about the Photon resins vs FXD/FUD? To your point, are you aware of any published comparative data on the various Photon resins? (physical metrics such as elongation & flexibility etc)
...and how such that may theoretically lead to an increase in embitterment.
Hope you meant embrittlement...
embitterment.
This is not Mythbusters, one does not have to destroy something to determine how long it lives.