Author Topic: BB A1A C LINER  (Read 3818 times)

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +182
Re: BB A1A C LINER
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2018, 06:04:02 AM »
+1
That's the special "Alco Edition" C-Liner with extra smoke in the interior, exhausted by the radiator fans for that authentic Alco look.

When you consider how much smoke SP's FM power used to throw..............................................(although it never had any new FM cabs, just Trainmasters and yard goats)..........................

I had always assumed that those two stacks among the cooling fans were the steam generator escape and vent stacks.

dougnelson

• Crew
  • Respect: +2064
    • PRR N Scale
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2018, 02:41:55 PM »
Luckily, its not flames.

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +182
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2018, 10:09:10 PM »
Luckily, its not flames.

Do not be so sure.  I once saw a crew fire off an RSD-5 in Santa Clara yards.  The thing sputtered, spewed all this thick black smoke, let out a loud pop, shot a huge bolt of flame from the exhaust stack, popped again, shot out some more flames, more thick black smoke, more flames then a steady cloud of thick black smoke.

Doug G.

• Crew
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 02:07:17 AM »
When you consider how much smoke SP's FM power used to throw..............................................(although it never had any new FM cabs, just Trainmasters and yard goats)..........................

I had always assumed that those two stacks among the cooling fans were the steam generator escape and vent stacks.

Actually, they are. The prime mover stacks are farther ahead, right behind the three rectangular panels on the roof.

Doug
Atlas First Generation Motive Power and Treble-O-Lectric. Click on the link:
www.irwinsjournal.com/a1g/a1glocos/