Author Topic: MBK weirdness your OLD orders may have disappeared...  (Read 4809 times)

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
Re: MBK weirdness your OLD orders may have disappeared...
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 09:15:02 AM »
I've had peanuts that would dissolve in seconds after hitting water.  Also supposedly made from corn starch.  My son used to love to throw them into the toilet and watch them melt.  It's "magic".  But I've heard those peanuts costs much much more.

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +564
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 09:56:44 AM »
I've had peanuts that would dissolve in seconds after hitting water.  Also supposedly made from corn starch.  My son used to love to throw them into the toilet and watch them melt.  It's "magic".  But I've heard those peanuts costs much much more.

Hmmm, "made form corn."  Maybe if they made them edible, we could "kill two birds with one stone" and gt our breakfast cereal from MBK,  But maybe exacerbate the "obesity crisis" at the same time for us model railroaders.  So even edible pink peanuts might not be a "free lunch." <cliche maker:off>

MK

• Crew
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 10:52:52 AM »
Packing peanuts...by Frito Lay!  :D

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 11:34:39 AM »
Packing peanuts...by Frito Lay!  :D

No, they’re peanuts. . . by Planters!   :D

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

MK

• Crew
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2018, 11:59:28 AM »
+1
Yeah, but they are derived from corn products.  :D

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
+2

Having said that, I believe Kleins is still using the pink peanuts.  Not sure if they are bio-degradable or not.  I just reuse them for my shipping needs as required. 

Cheers,
Brian

I collect all the non-degradable peanuts in a trash bag and bring them to my local UPS store. They gladly take them off my hands and re-use them.  That way I feel good that passed the "problem" to someone else. I recycled!  :D
. . . 42 . . .

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2018, 01:04:10 AM »
I collect all the non-degradable peanuts in a trash bag and bring them to my local UPS store. They gladly take them off my hands and re-use them.  That way I feel good that passed the "problem" to someone else. I recycled!  :D

I tried that last year when we moved from Ohio to Texas.  I had accumulated five 30 gal black trash bags of peanuts (Yeah, from MTS).  Took them to the local Mailboxes Etc (i.e. UPS store) and they said No!  So I brought them back home and they went out in the trash (along with several bags of the air pillows from Amazon which they also did not want).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 01:39:10 PM by reinhardtjh »
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2018, 01:13:23 AM »
I tried that last year when we moved form Ohio to Texas.  I had accumulated five 30 gal black trash bags of peanuts (Yeah, from MTS).  Took them to the local Mailboxes Etc (i.e. UPS store) and they said No!  So I brought them back home and they went out in the trash (along with several bags of the air pillows from Amazon which they also did not want).

Weird, but I guess each store is independently owned and makes their own decisions.
. . . 42 . . .

MK

• Crew
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2018, 08:33:17 AM »
Did you ask them why they don't want them?  I'm curious.

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +564
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »
The "air bags" can be recycled along with regular plastic bags.  Just pop then with something sharp so they don't take any more room than other bags.  Most recyclers don't want plastic bags mixed with other recyclables because they tend to fly around and get caught in the machinery used to separate glass, plastic, aluminum and steel.  But, plastic bags are recyclable if packaged separately.  Most grocery stores around here have a receptacle specificlly for recycling plastic bags.