Author Topic: Loksound in a Bachmann Vanderbilt tender?  (Read 1032 times)

Bill H

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
Loksound in a Bachmann Vanderbilt tender?
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:23:03 PM »
Group:
I model the B&O, and a majority of the steam I model used Vanderbilt tenders and i have laid in a supply of the six wheel Bachmann tenders. I follow this board daily, and have seen some amazing installations but I have never seen one in a Vanderbilt tender. Has it been done?

Kind regards,
Bill
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:35:47 PM by Bill H »

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +925
Re: Lockpilot in a Bachmann Vanderbilt tender?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 08:35:31 PM »
Group:
I model the B&O, and a majority of the steam I model used Vanderbilt tenders and i have laid in a supply of the six wheel Bachmann tenders. I follow this board daily, and have seen some amazing installations but I have never seen one in a Vanderbilt tender. Has it been done?

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi Bill.

LokPilot or LokSound?  The LokPilot is tiny; while I don't have Vanderbilt tenders, it fits in the fuel tank of an Arnold S2, so I think it would fit in a tender, no matter how small!

If you are talking about a LokSound . . . OK, then you need room for the decoder and speaker - and maybe a couple of small caps for stay alive to ward off sound dropouts.  If that's what you're after, then someone else will need to chime in (and you might want to change the title of this thread so the people know what you are really asking).

John C.

Bill H

• Crew
Re: Loksound in a Bachmann Vanderbilt tender?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 09:34:32 PM »
John;
Absolutely correct a mental typo on my part, subject is now corrected.  Anyone done a Vanderbilt tender?

Kind regards,
Bill
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 09:43:40 PM by Bill H »

Sdynamo

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 12:04:38 PM »
I’ve installed a LokSound select micro in a Bachmann “white box” Vanderbilt tender. I got the decoder, a speaker and a keep alive in there. The spectrum Vanderbilt tender is longer and should be a simpler install.

Bill H

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 02:23:15 PM »
Wow! Could you share a few pics or a description of where you put the various components?

How did you wire the tender back to the engine?

Cheers,
Bill

Mike C

• Crew
  • Respect: +144
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 05:56:11 PM »
 I had @woodone install an Econami in a Bachmann 4 axle spectrum Vandy tender so the Loksound should fit in the larger 6 axle tender with no problems .  I'm guessing that you will want to compleatly gut the tender though .