Author Topic: RAILNSCALE made by DM-Toys  (Read 1553 times)

RAIL N SCALE

• Crew
  • Respect: +50
    • RAILNSCALE
RAILNSCALE made by DM-Toys
« on: November 09, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »
+2
Hi,

From now on you can purchase RAILNSCALE products not only via Shapeways but also from DM-Toys. DM-Toys is one of the largest webshops specialized in N-scale products. This means that you benefit from the wide range of model railway products and the attractive shipping options.

But there are more benefits. All RAILNSCALE products offered by DM-Toys have been printed by DM-Toys in Germany to the same high standard as you are used to. Our products are delivered in a sturdy plastic box. As an extra service, the RAILNSCALE made by DM-Toys products have already been cleaned, so they are ready to paint.

All RAILNSCALE products offered by DM-Toys are on stock, which means that you do not have to wait long for your order. DM-Toys has released a first selection of 22 of our products. You can find them here in the DM-Toys webshop: https://www.en.dm-toys.de/liste/hersteller/RAILNSCALE.html

That’s what we call Happy Hobbying!

Best regards,
Maurice & Joris
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 11:18:34 AM by GaryHinshaw »

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: RAILNSCALE made by DM-Toys
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 01:50:03 PM »
That is a good news!  It is always good to have multiple sources for a model.  How are the DM-Toys prices compared to Shapeways?

Also, are those models actually made (printed) by DM-Toys, or is DM-Toys using Shapeways to print those models, then it just sells them on their website and in their shops?
. . . 42 . . .

christoph

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 03:05:43 PM »
That is a good news!  It is always good to have multiple sources for a model.  How are the DM-Toys prices compared to Shapeways?

Also, are those models actually made (printed) by DM-Toys, or is DM-Toys using Shapeways to print those models, then it just sells them on their website and in their shops?

DM-Toys have an own line of printed models since quite some time.  They have taken over laser-cut production from another company some time ago and also run their own 3D-printers.
Details in German in this Youtube video I found some time ago : 

They seem to ignore all icons of modern business magic,  doing their own production and selling only the items they have in stock, no preoders.  I do my best (as a customer) to support their business  :D   and hope their business stays well.
Christoph

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 05:44:44 PM »
DM-Toys have an own line of printed models since quite some time.  They have taken over laser-cut production from another company some time ago and also run their own 3D-printers.
Details in German in this Youtube video I found some time ago :

They seem to ignore all icons of modern business magic,  doing their own production and selling only the items they have in stock, no preoders.  I do my best (as a customer) to support their business  :D   and hope their business stays well.

Thanks for the video link Christoph - very educational (even if I don't speak German).  Especially seeing the laser cutter, 3D printer, and UV ink jet printer machines doing their jobs.

I also purchase models from DM-Toys.  I agree that the fact that what is on their website is in stock is very nice, and it is all N scale. It is also good to know that the owner of the business has a very Polish-sounding name.  :D
. . . 42 . . .

RAIL N SCALE

• Crew
    • RAILNSCALE
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 12:35:17 PM »
+1
Hi,

This video exactly shows the printer and facilities we are using for the RAILNSCALE by DM-Toys. I think one of their strong points are the no-nonsense approach. Everything in their webshop is readily available. There are no empty promises. The production set-up is pretty lean, and decisions afre quickly made. I'm impressed by their manufacturing and packaging quality.

Just take a look at the packages of RAILNSCALE made by DM-Toys products:

As you can see the kits are cleaned and nicely packaged in a sturdy box. I think this is a great upgrade compared to the Shapeways bags.

More: https://railnscale.com/2018/11/13/railnscale-made-by-dm-toys-2/

Best regards,
Maurice
RAILNSCALE

RAIL N SCALE

• Crew
    • RAILNSCALE
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 05:50:01 AM »
+1
Hello,

I'd like to share some images of the unpainted prints made by DM-Toys.

Please note the scale is in centimeters not inches. I think the images speak for themselves. The items are shaprly printed, and theire are no traces of support material anywhere on the products. And the surfaces are cleaned, allowing you to paint the items directly.

Best regards,
Maurice