Author Topic: November is National Model Railroading Month  (Read 1495 times)

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Las Piedras Railroad - Destination Desert
  • Respect: +2427
November is National Model Railroading Month
« on: October 17, 2018, 01:55:59 PM »
National Model Railroad Month (November 2018)
Chuck Geiger
provencountrypd@gmail.com

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +716
Re: November is National Model Railroading Month
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 02:38:07 PM »
+5

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4610
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 02:55:43 PM »
+4
Good to know.  Do we have to dress up in engineer's overalls and a hat?  For me several months of the year are model railroading months. Then there is the the spring-cleaning month, the summer-vacation month, the leaf-raking month, and snow-shoveling month.  :)

<rant>We as a nation are way too preoccupied with making sure that every month and/or day of the year is some sort of a "day" or "month" for something.  Kind of silly if you ask me. Same if you don't ask me.</rant>
. . . 42 . . .

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Las Piedras Railroad - Destination Desert
  • Respect: +2427
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 03:35:01 PM »
I want to come to work dressed like those train show weirdos, overalls and engineer hat with funnel cakes in each hand.
Chuck Geiger
provencountrypd@gmail.com

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 03:54:34 PM »
+1
I want to come to work dressed like those train show weirdos, overalls and engineer hat with funnel cakes in each hand.

(Stops in tracks, drops head, turns around, quietly tosses funnel cakes in garbage and then slips off hat while disappearing before anyone sees coveralls)

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8034
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 04:22:51 PM »
Who has funnel cakes? I want a funnel cake!!

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 04:44:39 PM »
Next Monday is Funnel Cake Day!   :trollface:

nthusiast

• Crew
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 05:02:04 PM »
+2
Looks like as good a thread as any to introduce myself. Just dabbling in N for the moment, picking up where I left off about 48 years ago (if it keeps me out of trouble, all the better). I've been dusting off a set of vintage N equipment dating from the late 1960's. I'll be starting from scratch, essentially. Looking forward to tips and wisdom here -- there's some very impressive work. 

BTW, today is National Pasta Day.

mmagliaro

• Crew
  • Respect: +1780
    • Maxcow Online
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 05:47:15 PM »
Looks like as good a thread as any to introduce myself. Just dabbling in N for the moment, picking up where I left off about 48 years ago (if it keeps me out of trouble, all the better). I've been dusting off a set of vintage N equipment dating from the late 1960's. I'll be starting from scratch, essentially. Looking forward to tips and wisdom here -- there's some very impressive work. 

What timing!  As it so happens, I really am having pasta for supper tonight!
(Although with a name like "Magliaro", you can well imagine that this is not a rare occurrence in my diet)

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 05:52:40 PM »
There are open house events all month long, many corresponding with the local/regional NMRA divisions.  Our local one seemed to have been turned upside down, with the guy who's been organizing it dropping in lap of someone else with very little information.  I have been on the open house schedule but was not contacted this year.  I reached out and was told I was not forgotten but they had contacted members first.  At the time, they had no other layouts in south central PA ( Adams, Franklin, York, Dauphin, Cumberland counties).  I have not heard back from them yet as to if they had been reached by anyone else or not.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4610
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »

Must be a Pastafarian holiday!  :D

Welcome to the insane asylum Mister "N"!   8)   I would love to see some photos of your vintage N scale.  But unless you host the photos on external site, you will have to wait until you post 25 times before you can upload photos directly to this forum.
. . . 42 . . .

nthusiast

• Crew
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 07:23:34 PM »
+1
Must be a Pastafarian holiday!  :D

Welcome to the insane asylum Mister "N"!   8)   I would love to see some photos of your vintage N scale.  But unless you host the photos on external site, you will have to wait until you post 25 times before you can upload photos directly to this forum.

Thanks peteski. Photos will be coming 23 posts from now.