Author Topic: Kato re-run of ES44AC  (Read 3168 times)

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
Re: Kato re-run of ES44AC
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 08:30:55 PM »
+1
There is a real easy fix

modeltrainstuff.com  nscalesupply.com    and others

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 09:29:25 PM »
There is a real easy fix

modeltrainstuff.com  nscalesupply.com    and others

True, and I usually buy from MBK. Their website redesign soured my to them quite a bit, but I still use them.  IN the example, the weathered cars I wanted were sold out at MBK, but Hogs still had them. That is why I went with Hogs.  While the website sucks (and I recall some complaints here about poor packaging), my order was shipped the same day I place the order and arrived at my door 3 days later.  Packaging was ok. The cars were rubber-banded together, wrapped in bubble wrap, and palced in a small Proprity Mail box. Not great, but still decent packaging.

While this is my first web purchase through Hogs site, they have shipped couple of things I pre-ordered from BLW, so this is not my first experience with them.
. . . 42 . . .

edge8300

• Respect: +2
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 01:48:26 AM »
I ended up pre-ordering 4 CP through PWRS, I think about $260 a piece....maybe paid too much, but got a nice long call from Dan direct to make sure I didn't order double (since they only had 2 road numbers).  The guy is really knowledgable regarding CP and Canadian stuff in general and seems to be passionate about trains and N scale, extremely nice guy, so I'm OK with getting what I want through him.  I've had the same service loathes through HOG (mostly just the website to being up-to-date and I order and pay and get refunded). BLW will be missed greatly, but my wallet and wife will thank him for retiring.  He made it so easy to know when good things were available and easy to buy buy buy.  (everyone else please get a clue---tell us daily what's new and hot AND what's in stock and link your checkout process to the website inventory NO DELAYS...and you will sell like crazy, that's it)

I'm happy, going to LOVE the new Kato's with sound from the factory. 

Back to repainting GP38-2's and installing loksound for Farmrail....

Happy Rails to you...

E. J.