Author Topic: New model from Briggs Models  (Read 1392 times)

briggsmodels

• Crew
  • Respect: +31
New model from Briggs Models
« on: July 10, 2018, 07:43:15 PM »
+1
It took me a long time to find a new etched metal supplier, but I finally managed to sort it out, and I can now offer S13 and RS23 locomotive kits. They are available from www.briggsmodels.ca. The kits are in stock.

I enjoy designing locomotive and caboose kits, and this new supplier makes it a happy process to develop these models. I have many new locomotive and caboose projects planned, one particular model I want to do in the future is a NYC N7 bay window caboose. I don't think it has been done before in N scale, except brass.

Thanks for reading!

Jeff Briggs, Owner
Briggs Manufacturing Associates Ltd.
www.briggsmodels.ca

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1253
Re: New model from Briggs Models
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 08:51:19 PM »
I would love an N7.... I just have to figure out how to paint this:
http://hebners.net/CR/crN7/cr21736.jpg

Blueford has an International Car Co bay window caboose coming, but those are in the N21 class and had a different window arrangement.

The somewhat fugly Walthers cars were also ICC models.

I think Traincat may have done an NYC bay window, but I spent all my money on their transfer cabs.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

craigolio1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1637
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 11:42:44 PM »
Ordered!

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 12:53:27 PM »
You might want to REALLY increase your production run of SDL39S. Some of us will be buying multiples!!
Buffering...

briggsmodels

• Crew
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 01:20:22 PM »
One of the problems I had finding a good etched supplier is the ability to tailor my production runs to demand. I can feasibly produce only 25 units, but I can also expand the run by increments if the demand is there. With the supplier I have now, I can procure another batch of etched parts quickly to meet demand. All the plastic production I have is now 3d printed on demand in house. I welcome multiple unit orders!  :D

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +353
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »
Now I just need to figure out how to justify the appearance of RS10/18s south of the border. Given the steady reliance of these models by Canadian roads, I doubt power leasing to an Oregon Class II would be a reasonable scenario. But what I wouldn't do to have PGE/BC Rail ALCOs roaming the high desert.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.