Author Topic: ATSF drover/rider cars + steel combines (3 versions) by ATSF N Scale Models  (Read 1231 times)

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
  • Respect: +288
A N-scale kit of the 18 ATSF steel drover cabooses (numbers D930-D947, built 1931-1935) and the 12 cars rebuilt into coach/baggage/caboose in 1941/42 (2309, 2315-2320 with 3 windows and 2310-2314 with 4 windows) is offered by ATSF N Scale Models through the website (WWW.ATSFNSCALEMODELS.COM) or directly from Shapeways (the phosphor bronze etched details are only available through the website).
Most of these cars remained in regular service till the late 60's and some were converted to MOW service.
To detail your car properly prototype pictures are a must (see ATSF Historical Society website info, books, internet).
There were quite a few differences: short and long stove stacks, with or without roof ventilators, high or low end railings, with or without toolbox, placement of toolbox. All options are included in the 3D print and/or etching.
The 6 body sides are flat 3D prints, face up, to create the smoothest possible surface. Visit the website or my Shapeways shop for more info.
You can also send me an email: info@atsfnscalemodels.com.
I will attend the ATSF Railway Historical Society Convention in Chicago, July 17-22, to show these and my other models
Regards, Dirk Blikkendaal

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:44:08 PM by Dirk Jan Blikkendaal »
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
Dirk, you're killing me, I can't keep up with your production! These are very cool, thank you.
I know one of the rebuilt cars ran out of San Bernardino with the San Jacinto or Elsinore locals. Now I need to figure out which one, so I can order the right car.
Nice job again!
Otto K.

draskouasshat

• Crew
  • Respect: +641
fantastic job dirk!!!! ill be placing another order!!!

Drasko
Draskos Modelworks. Contact me for your 3D modeling needs!
SFM (Super Fleet Modeler) member #1
I HAVE 3800 class santa fe 2-10-2s!!

Dirk Jan Blikkendaal

• Crew
  • Respect: +288
Thanks gents!

As far as my knowledge goes 2316 was used on the San Jacinto branch. Excellent article on the Society website by Stephen Sandifer (Drover cars).

Good luck, Dirk
SANTA FE ALL THE WAY
1950-1960
ATSF N Scale Models