Author Topic: Detailing SJEX GP15-1 #1637  (Read 2717 times)

packers#1

• Crew
  • Modern Shortline Modeler
  • Respect: +484
Re: Detailing SJEX GP15-1 #1637
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 06:34:32 PM »
Step 1 is done on this model thus far. I have decaled the unit and painted the steps and handrails. I used Vallejo Cold White from Hobby Lobby for the painting, while the decals were some that I had held onto. I'm not 110% happy with the decals thus far, but they'll do for now. If I ever remove the modeled on grab irons and replace them with I'll definitely redo the decals on the ends, but the side I'm going to view the Geep from 99% of the time looks good so I'm happy with it. I decided to depart from the prototype in painting the stairwell white and putting the SJEX reporting marks over the bar on the Operation Lifesaver logo on the long hood instead of below the road number. Overall now it's a shot of dullcoat, then painting the class lights and handbrake and \some weathering with powders. I will also probably try out some dry brushing on an old freight car or two before doing a few rust streaks and spots on the unit. I will also fix the horn; didn't realize it was broken until I was posting!

Front1 paint and decals by Sawyer Berry, on Flickr

Back1 paint and decals by Sawyer Berry, on Flickr

Front2 paint and decals by Sawyer Berry, on Flickr
Sawyer Berry
Clemson University graduate, c/o 2018
American manufacturing isn’t dead, it’s just gotten high tech