Author Topic: Atlas C628s/C630s with SOUND now?  (Read 2695 times)

Big Train

• Crew
  • Respect: +12
Re: Atlas C628s/C630s with SOUND now?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 04:32:59 PM »
I hope Atlas redesigned the driveline components and retired those teeny plastic "donuts" and always split. I have 5 of these all needing replacement parts.

I'd hate to spend all that $$$ on a sound equipped loco only to have it fail 6 months later. Other manufacturers use a more robust design and I'd like to think a company like Atlas has addressed this by now.

Yes, I do know there are workarounds for this problem and am investigating them now.

Just sayin'

rrjim1

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 05:26:37 PM »
I hope Atlas redesigned the driveline components and retired those teeny plastic "donuts" and always split. I have 5 of these all needing replacement parts.

I'd hate to spend all that $$$ on a sound equipped loco only to have it fail 6 months later. Other manufacturers use a more robust design and I'd like to think a company like Atlas has addressed this by now.

Yes, I do know there are workarounds for this problem and am investigating them now.

Just sayin'
They don't always split I own 6 and haven't had one split yet.

TrainboySD40

• Respect: +7
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 07:53:18 PM »

Just sayin'
Well, I have some good news for you...
https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=44652.msg575825#msg575825