Author Topic: Atlas Trainman inspired foobed passenger train  (Read 2965 times)

x600

• Crew
  • Respect: +119
Re: Atlas Trainman inspired foobed passenger train
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 01:45:59 AM »
The coach has original Trainman trucks (w/Fox Valley metal wheels) and the RPO has Wheels of Time 4 wheel  trucks, also with FVM wheels. I am hoping that Atlas makes the trucks available separately.

Tom D. - The short length of the coach bugs me a little, I would also like to see someone do a 70 footish car. I was/am kind of thinking about either cutting down a longer car  or lengthening a Trainman car by splicing in a section.

Tom L.

Thanks, Tom,
 I never noticed the 4 wheel trucks on the Atlas cars.  I only purchased a few baggage cars and they have the 6 wheel trucks. It would be nice if the trucks were available as buying several cars just for the trucks
seems a waste.
Very nice train, BTW.
Greg O.

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +559
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 08:33:07 AM »
It would also be nice if I could get some extra trucks to use to try body-mounting couplers on the Atlas cars.  To do that, I need to cut off the truck-mounted couplers, so, if I don't like the results, I would be stuck with them until I can find some replacement trucks.  I guess I could just put some other 4-wheel trucks of inappropriate design on the cars to try it, and not cut the Atlas trucks until I am sure I want to do that.  But, I will still need to buy some trucks to do that, so I would rather just buy the right ones to begin with.

If Atlas won't sell these trucks separately, maybe MTL will make something similar available when their single-window coach is finished?

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +180
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 10:07:42 AM »
The MT single window is supposed to be based on a NYCS coach.  There are several rumours going around about the trucks.  One  is that it is supposed to be available with either six or four axle trucks.  Another one is that it will come with six axles, but four axle trucks will be available to swap into it.  Anther one is that it will come with four axles, but six axle will be available so that those who model roads that used similar single window coaches with six axle trucks can use them.

Most of the NYCS HW coaches were four axle and seventy feet.  Few, if any of the six axles ever had air condition added.  I do not know if MT is going to issue it with NYCS type trucks or simply use its existing four or six axle trucks or an adapted version of those.

I hope to see a runner pack that has one each for the NYC, P&LE, B&A, P&E and TH&B...............with the brass window sashes painted in on the P&LE.

I also hope to see some Old and Weary for my B-mann USRA light 4-8-2.

cgw277

• Respect: +1
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 10:05:01 PM »
Very nice train!
Certainly captures the spirit of the Great Western.
Scot