Author Topic: What ESU Decoder will Atlas use for sound GP38/40?  (Read 2642 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4595
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: What ESU Decoder will Atlas use for sound GP38/40?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 08:43:08 PM »
Um, that is exactly what Bachmann, Intermountain, and Walthers seem to do.  Bachmann and Intermountain seem to have some new parts and some pull-offs from assembled models, while Walthers always uses pull-offs from assembled models.  At least that is my experience.
^speculation^

If that is suppose indicate that my statement is speculation then you missed the last sentence in my statmemt - my opinion was based on clear observations of the parts I order from all those companies.  I can tell when a part is new, or a pull from their N scale junkyard.
. . . 42 . . .

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3087
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 09:08:38 PM »
Um, that is exactly what Bachmann, Intermountain, and Walthers seem to do.  Bachmann and Intermountain seem to have some new parts and some pull-offs from assembled models, while Walthers always uses pull-offs from assembled models.  At least that is my experience.

I asked for a windshield wiper and a ditch light housing from IMRC and got a full SD40-2 shell with glue all over it.  But the packing slip said 1 wiper and 1 housing were shipped....

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 10:58:53 AM »
I asked for a windshield wiper and a ditch light housing from IMRC and got a full SD40-2 shell with glue all over it.  But the packing slip said 1 wiper and 1 housing were shipped....

I guess the sands are shifting in all this - all parts I received from IM (as recently as a few yrs ago) were new and on the sprue.  :facepalm:

Mark

Nick Lorusso

• Crew
  • Lets see what I'm modeling this week
  • Respect: +105
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 04:17:34 PM »
Ryan,
ESU 73100 micro select direct will fit. just have to get creative with the speaker.
Regards,
Nick Lorusso
https://sbhrs.wildapricot.org/