Author Topic: Wondering how many employees do this...  (Read 1242 times)

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
Wondering how many employees do this...
« on: May 06, 2018, 03:21:25 PM »

...and if CSX has warm-up exercises, too, and are they different?

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +458
Re: Wondering how many employees do this...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 04:57:59 PM »
I worked for BNSF for a short period of time after I got out of the army, as MOW. Believe it or not, we would do this every morning as part of the morning meeting and briefing.....
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +714
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 05:09:56 PM »

...and if CSX has warm-up exercises, too, and are they different?

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3088
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 06:17:54 PM »
These days, it's part of the every day process in different lines of work.  If you're found to not do things like simple stretching etc, and get hurt on the job doing something, it could effect the outcome of workmans comp

RockGp40

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +273
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 07:59:22 PM »
There is a video by NS that shows the exercises too. I saw it on my shortline. They obviously took the two newest, youngest conductor recruits to be the guinea pigs examples.
No farms, no food. Support your local farmer's market!

I stand with Israel.

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1326
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 12:48:27 AM »
The auto filter factory I work at also has those posters, new in the last couple weeks.  They don't give us a specific time, or time at all, to do them, but want us to do them at the line - between parts!  As the lines are set up to run as fast as the machines can run, we really don't have spare time, nobody is going to waste their breaks for exercises, and most of us get enough motion just doing the work.

If we had desk jobs, or otherwise remained largely motionless, they might be useful.

I think this is related to their new decree that wristwatches are "jewelry", and therefore a safety hazard.  If your watch gets caught in one of our machines, your arm is already being chewed on, so it isn't likely to be a big hazard.
N Kalanaga
Be well