Author Topic: Weekend Update 5/20/18  (Read 10020 times)

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
Re: Weekend Update 5/20/18
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2018, 11:18:36 PM »
I got Gorilla locks for my new truck wheels, better than the standard lock because it replaces all the locknut and do not ruin the look of the wheels. I paid $75 on amazon for set of 20 and the special keyed socked.
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2018, 06:04:21 AM »
+6
It was a fantastic weekend with good friends, great food, and N scale galore at the 10th annual Ohio N Scale Weekend. The hosts did a great job a putting it all together. We had a great time showing the Galesburg City Job to others, sharing techniques, reacquainting with some fellow N scalers, and even switching a few cars here and there. Jim worked hard putting a switch list together. Unfortunately, I spent most of my time blabbing with fellow N scalers and did not get a lot of City Job work accomplished. Sorry Jim. But alas, talking with fellow N scalers is what its all about eh?

Here are a few photos of our layout:

Thanks Jim!!

And thanks to the good guys at Central Ohio N Trak for putting it all together!
Buffering...

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2018, 06:11:07 AM »
I went to the site and did not see Captain Blaster any more.   As Pete has retired and his brother is simply liquidating everything (at least that is what I understand), I was guessing that Captain Blaster has disappeared.  I did Google it just to see what would happen and did get something, but there were no Old and Weary items there.  I did see the blue hopper three pack on the "Special Run" page, but it showed "Sold Out".

When you're on the BLW front main page go check the "What's New at BLW" box and a click will show you all the specials and close-outs coming from there, listed by day. Just scroll down the page to check stuff.

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +907
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2018, 08:34:51 AM »
+1
He is accepting new preorders, so I doubt he's dumping the N scale line, but as they dig through 20-30 years worth of boxes, he's trying to move the stuff. Also as new models arrive, he has been reposting current old stock of the same models.

I enjoy that he continues to update the BLW site.

~Ian
~Ian

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2018, 09:18:01 AM »
+2
He is accepting new preorders, so I doubt he's dumping the N scale line, but as they dig through 20-30 years worth of boxes, he's trying to move the stuff. Also as new models arrive, he has been reposting current old stock of the same models.

I enjoy that he continues to update the BLW site.

~Ian

Not sure what you mean. Pete BLW is closing shop, not just dumping anything. He was pretty much N scale dealer exclusively (well, with few Z items).  All new preorders are being directed to his brother's website.
. . . 42 . . .