Author Topic: New! Flat rate model design Commissions from Out of the Box!  (Read 1741 times)

orionfield

• Crew
  • Respect: +22
    • Out of the Box Models
Now that we have been in business for a year, we have enough data to on pricing for different types of models to feel comfortable to try out flat rate commissions for select model railroad kit types.

Once you place your order, we will reach out to gather your requirements and learn more about your project.

Link:https://outoftheboxmodels.com/collections/services/products/custom-designed-model-trains

Hopefully this takes some the guess work out of the process.
CEO of Out of The Box Models. Ask me about Commissioning a model kit!
www.outoftheboxmodels.com

Sdynamo

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
Re: New! Flat rate model design Commissions from Out of the Box!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 09:23:22 AM »
Great news!  Would the drawings of the SP Sunbeam 4-6-2 in this month's RMC be enough data for a custom steam locomotive shell?

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3158
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 09:58:06 AM »
+1
Do you have examples of each type of project in your pull down menu (the image only shows a passenger car)?

orionfield

• Crew
    • Out of the Box Models
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »
Do you have examples of each type of project in your pull down menu (the image only shows a passenger car)?

No, we haven't actually done every single one of those, but I will add photos once we finish other projects. Right now we have Heavyweight and Lightweight passenger cars, Locomotive shells, cabooses, and freight cars in our repertoire, hoping that we can get more commissions to fill in the gaps now that our pricing is more transparent.

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1249
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 08:51:16 PM »
Do you do etching work a well? Or just RP?
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

coosvalley

• Crew
  • Respect: +639
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 06:48:13 AM »
Needs more pics of finished models ;).

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +563
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »
OK, you have my attention. 

Do you do custom loco shells for steam locomotives to fit frames that are out-of-production?  I am thinking about some distinctive but never-to-be-commercially-produced B&O locomotives like the S1a, T3b and P1d, which could be fit on frames from Con-Cor and Bachmann and others that have correct wheel arrangements and wheel sizes.  The trick is to make the boilers and cabs the correct shapes, and make those fit the chosen mechanisms.  I would like those major parts to be produced "bare", so that they would be easier to finish and then detail, rather than to try to print on the domes, pipes and other smaller detailed parts.  Perhaps some of the detailed parts could be printed separately, such as unusual steam and sand domes, double stacks, etc.

I have drawings of various sorts for each of those locomotives, but do not know whether they are adequate for your needs.

orionfield

• Crew
    • Out of the Box Models
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 12:46:11 PM »
OK, you have my attention. 

Do you do custom loco shells for steam locomotives to fit frames that are out-of-production?  I am thinking about some distinctive but never-to-be-commercially-produced B&O locomotives like the S1a, T3b and P1d, which could be fit on frames from Con-Cor and Bachmann and others that have correct wheel arrangements and wheel sizes.  The trick is to make the boilers and cabs the correct shapes, and make those fit the chosen mechanisms.  I would like those major parts to be produced "bare", so that they would be easier to finish and then detail, rather than to try to print on the domes, pipes and other smaller detailed parts.  Perhaps some of the detailed parts could be printed separately, such as unusual steam and sand domes, double stacks, etc.

I have drawings of various sorts for each of those locomotives, but do not know whether they are adequate for your needs.

Absolutely! As long as we can get one of the mechanism to measure from.

Needs more pics of finished models ;).

I agree, we need to finish more of them. The development process takes months...but we should have a bunch more finished soon!

Do you do etching work a well? Or just RP?

Yes, we have a vendor that does PE for us, but nobody has commissioned it yet. PM me and we can discuss your requirements.