Author Topic: How to make aux1 and aux2 act as fwd and rear headlights on loksound 73100  (Read 1254 times)

Steveruger45

• Crew
  • Respect: +524
Hi Guys,
I am working on fitting a loksound 73100 narrow decoder in a FVM GP60.
This decoder has leds already fitted one at front for aux1 and one at back for aux2. 
Currently they are setup as ditch lights and are switched on / off with F6. I don’t need ditchlights on this model.
 I have a lokprogrammer, but still somewhat new at it, and was wondering if I could function map the aux1 to act as the front headlight and the aux 2 to act as the rear headlight with the usual Light function button.
I think it should be possible but I need some guidance on how to do this.
Much thanks.  BTW I learn best with pictures.  😀
Steve

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +831
Go to the Function Mapping page and in the Physical Outputs column, use the pull-down menus on the Forward, F0 and Reverse, F0 lines and select your desired outputs.

Steveruger45

• Crew
Thanks Russ.  Much appreciate and that is what I was hoping it was too.  RTFM  is a bit overwhelming and I am a little apprehensive. I guess that After I make changes I could save as a different file name and then if I screw it up I can recover to the previous file.

Update.  Just did it and worked great. Also I changed the dimmable headlight page to match the new changes.
Thanks again Russ.  I’m starting to get more confident with this lokprogrammer now. Just wish the manual was an easier read.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:48:28 AM by Steveruger45 »
Steve

narrowminded

• Crew
  • Respect: +743
Thanks Russ.  Much appreciate and that is what I was hoping it was too.  RTFM  is a bit overwhelming and I am a little apprehensive. I guess that After I make changes I could save as a different file name and then if I screw it up I can recover to the previous file.

Update.  Just did it and worked great. Also I changed the dimmable headlight page to match the new changes.
Thanks again Russ.  I’m starting to get more confident with this lokprogrammer now. Just wish the manual was an easier read.

So instead of adding the leds furnished you just used the aux lights as headlights?  That might save some screwing around on some installs.  Are they bright enough?  It's hard for me to get my head around how much light some of those small devices will make. 8)
Mark G.

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +831

Glad to be of assistance! ;)

Steveruger45

• Crew
So instead of adding the leds furnished you just used the aux lights as headlights?  That might save some screwing around on some installs.  Are they bright enough?  It's hard for me to get my head around how much light some of those small devices will make. 8)

That’s correct. Use the onbd aux1 and aux2 leds for headlights.  It does save a lot of screwing about plus the rear light pads are really really close to the aux 2 led.  An 0603 led placed on these rear pads would have to overhang the board a wee bit too.  In fact that’s my biggest dislike with this board in general, the onbd components closeness to a lot of the solder pads.
Light output is ok, but I need to put the shell back on to see yet.  Only just finished the install and initial test run with the shell off.  I will post the install with write up and video soon.
Steve

RBrodzinsky

• Crew
  • Respect: +425
On the first two installs of these that I did, I used the onboard as well. They look fine when looking just at the unit by itself, but when with others, they are definitely dim. The client has asked me to add better lights at some point (a no rush issue) when he is ready for them.
Rick Brodzinsky
Chief Engineer - JACALAR Railroad
Silicon Valley FreeMo-N

Steveruger45

• Crew
I just posted the install and included a couple of photos showing the lights.
Steve