Author Topic: Three Expensive Military Passenger Cars  (Read 957 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Three Expensive Military Passenger Cars
« on: April 12, 2018, 03:30:40 AM »
     :|  On the back cover of the "Historic Rail Roads catalog I get in the mail each month which does feature some N among the HO, DVD's, books and model automobiles, are three old familiar passenger cars, the made in China knock off Lima Pennsylvania heavyweight cars, , but badged as "NEW" and available in U.S. Military train colors, Olive Drab with somewhat authentic markings. The combine RPO car listed as a kitchen Mess Hall car, the coach as a troop carrier car, and the Observation coach as a hospital car. All three cars have "United States Armed Forces" on the letter boards, the car type on the lower sides and the red Cross logo near the rear end of the Hospital car. The product blurb, says cars come with interior's (I' am sure unchanged). Hard to tell from the photos, but they have Rapido couplers. Now for the kicker. $29.95 each. Not as costly as Bachmann streamliner's ,but I guess we are being charged the cost to do the military paint markings. Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah.  :|

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
Re: Three Expensive Military Passenger Cars
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:45:12 PM »
Model Power has been selling these for decades ... I am highly skeptical about the "authentic" thing. ;)

http://www.historicrail.com/images/404814-Large.jpg

"Special Forces" "Rapid Deployment" really? :trollface:

http://cdn3.volusion.com/zckyo.xqfqa/v/vspfiles/photos/0688611-2.jpg?1517397797

Mark

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Re: Three Expensive Military Passenger Cars
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:53:14 PM »
                  :|   No they are certainly not authentic markings , especially "Rapid Deployment Unit" on the coach sides, no I did not know that Model Power was selling Military Painted versions of these cars. Nate Goodman (Nato).  :|