Author Topic: Fellow Yanks & Canucks, where do you order your Aussie & Kiwi trains from?  (Read 1466 times)

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
I've been able to order a few of my Aussie Trains from some pioneering souls down under. Its a pitty we can't get more on the market for us N scalers here in the states. I sure do like the looks of Victoria's Erie - inspired paint scheme from back in the day. Love those Bs. Why should the HO scalers get all the fun eh?

Buffering...

nscalbitz

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
Punny....  :scared:

Alwyn Cutmore

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
The Kiwis mainly model TTn3.5 while there are quite a number of Australian N Scale Manufacturers. One of the best suppliers I know is Peter Boorman http://www.peterboormansworkshop.com.au/ He carries a lot of his own work and produces all the early models I made many years ago. He also sell a lot of items RTR made to order. Peter is a perfectionist in his own right and certainly pushes the modelling envelope in Australian outline. Mind you I am from downunder.

The Erie Railroad Company took VR to court over the use of the original VR diesel loco markings and claimed they had breach copyright. They lost the case when it was revealed that the design was owned by EMD and they had given VR the right to also use the design. Just a little on the side of useless information that may tickle your funny bone.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:08:32 PM by Alwyn Cutmore »
Al Cutmore
Slobbering Pennsy Shark Nose Freak
Australia

w neal

• Crew
That is interesting. Thanks for the information.

I have had trouble seeing much of MR. Boorman's work. But there are others.
Buffering...

Alwyn Cutmore

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
There are a number of others but Peter seems to get left out of the loop. Peter has been around for quite a while and does a lot of good models. He would have the most comprehensive range of NSW kits available.

Regards

Al
Al Cutmore
Slobbering Pennsy Shark Nose Freak
Australia

Santa Fe Guy

• Crew
  • Respect: +359
Try getting onto Chris Pierce of Spirit design. He lives here in Victoria and does a lot of Victorian Stuff.
Or if not he can point you in the right direction.
Rob Carpenter makes a lot of Victorian freight cars however I do not have his contact details.
Brunell Hobbies might be worth a try along with Trainworld in Brighton Victoria, and Casulla Hobbies in Sydney.
There is a lot more around than ever before.
Good luck.
Rod.
Santafesd40.blogspot.com

bdennis

• Crew
  • Respect: +172
    • Delaware & Hudson Champlain Division
Have a look at https://www.facebook.com/BadgerBits/
Phill has brought to market some really nice looking VR S, B class, GM and 42 class N scale loco's as well as NSW 44 class. NSW 48 class
Brendan Dennis
N scale - Delaware & Hudson Champlain Division

w neal

• Crew
Spot on mate! Ta! The Badger Bits VR B and S locos look very nice indeed.

Buffering...

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2103
They have some good hobby and other stuff down there , but the shipping costs keeps it down there .

Richie Dost

Teditor

• Crew
  • Respect: +26
They have some good hobby and other stuff down there , but the shipping costs keeps it down there .

Try purchasing in the other direction, the bad Aussie Dollar and excessive postage costs have kept me from purchasing for ages.

Teditor
From the land down under.