Author Topic: Atlas 60' passenger cars shipping!  (Read 14528 times)

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +985
Re: Atlas 60' passenger cars shipping!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »
Funny all I wanted was the coach and combine. I added them to my cart yesterday, they are still in my cart even though they are out of stock. Wonder if I check out will I get them?  No biggie, I'll wait for back ups.
My experience was that I put a baggage car in my cart at 8:30 am (when they showed on the front page as having 12, and on the product page as having 1).  It when I checked out after finding the other stuff I was looking for, maybe 15 minutes later, it would not let me check out because the baggage car was now out of stock. 
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

Ngineer

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 05:42:19 PM »
I read that the C&NW baggage car isn't a foobie.

Javier

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 06:42:07 PM »
I read that the C&NW baggage car isn't a foobie.

Javier
Definitely NOT a foobie/

Photo here: http://rr-fallenflags.org/acfx/cnw-b8647asw.jpg

And RPO here:http://www.cnwhs.org/memberphotos/albums/userpics/10007/RPO-9425.jpg

The obs is a shortened version of a CNJ car, otherwise the cars are all CNW prototype.  I don't know what railroads had similar 60' coaches and combines.  The 60' baggage was a common car on many roads, although different railroads had different door configurations and trucks.  The RPO is very similar to those used on several roads- and this will pass for many, give or take a belt rail, a few rivets, ventilator locations and the like. 
Tom D.

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +906
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 08:14:35 PM »
Regarding the 60' Observation - not a match for windows but there is this..

~Ian
~Ian

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +531
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018, 09:41:52 AM »
Spy pic of the combine below (crappy cell pics):

The cars look nice and have interiors. I want to foob up the baggage and combine for N&W, but will need to move the truck centers more towards the ends of the cars.

Mark

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +181
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2018, 10:11:00 AM »
  DL&W decals ARE available - check here: http://primemoverdecals.com/dcaltemp.html?code=1&field=DLW   I've used their streamlined DL&W decals and they are good!

Thank you for the "heads up".  It appears that it is a combination Erie/Erie Lackamoney/Delay, Linger and Wait sheet.  If you want an Erie car, you use the first part; if you want a Delay, Linger and Wait, you use the second part; if you want Erie Lackamoney, you use the whole business.  I noted that on the green car sheet, there is head end car lettering.  I will have to see if the font and color match (or are close enough) the CNJ old style lettering sheets that I have.  My modelling era allows both CNJ fonts.

Now if only I could find some Reading Company head end car sheets, some CNJ newer font head end lettering and WM passenger font lettering............................

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4190
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2018, 10:13:09 AM »
I see steam pipes on that combine underbody pic. Would be nice for scratchbuilding/kitbashing purposes if they are available as a detail part.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »
Mark5,

Am I seeing truck mounted couplers, or is that an optical illusion?  (please forgive me if that was answered elsewhere, but I could not find it).

Thanks.
Tom D.

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2018, 11:48:32 AM »
Regarding the 60' Observation - not a match for windows but there is this..

~Ian

Sorry, but this is NOT a sixty footer. And it's a business car, not an obs...
Otto K.

Mark5

• Crew
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »
Mark5,

Am I seeing truck mounted couplers, or is that an optical illusion?  (please forgive me if that was answered elsewhere, but I could not find it).

Thanks.

Yes, these Trainman cars have truck mounted couplers. I will body mount as this is untenable for me.  ;)

Mark

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2018, 12:26:11 PM »
Thanks Mark.  I note that some of the cars will come with 6 wheel trucks- will be interesting to see how those compare to 1018s.  Hopefully I will have an RPO to test by the end of the week. 

Otto- I am inclined to say we should be thankful that they gave the "ATSF" foobie obs a 4xx number and did not pretend it is a 3212 series Parlor obs. With different sides, different interior, and roof, underbody and truck modifications, and new railings, it could be made to look a lot like a 400 series superintendent's car.

If anyone out there has a full set- is the obs the same overall length as the other cars?

Tom D.

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »
Tom, agreed on ATSF sixty footer, like the one below in San Bernardino. I'm getting one to fool with.
Still, a lot of work; needs channel sills as well...

I'm also getting a C&NW baggage, I think I have a reasonable argument if I run it on a UP mail train, like the Pony, behind the 3981? A foreign road RPO would probably be a stretch on my layout
Otto

Cumbo2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 06:10:01 PM »
Joe D thanks for starting this topic as I did want to sample a few of these new passenger cars so I have a RPO and baggage ordered.

and to Aaron Bearden, I too am patiently waiting for the B&O ones in classic blue/gray/black.

Bob Witt

Mark5

• Crew
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2018, 05:08:18 PM »
A friend of mine already has some of these apart - apparently the roof and sides/end are molded in one piece. This could present some challenges if a roof change is contemplated.

Mark

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2018, 05:46:26 PM »
A friend of mine already has some of these apart - apparently the roof and sides/end are molded in one piece. This could present some challenges if a roof change is contemplated.

Mark
That is going to make them more difficult to kitbash or use with sides (which don't exist yet, but was hoping someone would do some for the little ATSF supervisors cars).  According to my email, my order has shipped (according to the post office, someone printed a label, which is not really the same thing).  But if it really gets "in the mail" tomorrow, should be here by the end of the week and I can tear one apart and see what's what.
Tom D.