Author Topic: BLI UP AC60CW corrected for the number-outdoor photos finished  (Read 1772 times)

tankcar

+2
The BLI engine is a nice looking loco, one problem, it's not correct for any road or number. Mine is 7513 and needs lots of help to match the road and number. One of the most obvious spotting features is the gap between the engine doors and the top. 7500-7509 had no gap, but 7510 and up had about a 7" space. The dynamic brake section was even with roof. The walkway on the engineers was streach towards the back to allow the air tanks more room. On the conductors side, the walk was thinner which gave room for the prelube box. On the clean air section, the air inlet and X panel are reversed on both sides. The three long doors on the section on the conductors side are three short vertical and one horizontal. Also the radiator air inlets are different between engines. I built air tanks to replace the cast on ones. The hand rails are wrong too. I detailed the tank and moved the drain notch per the prototype. I rebuilt the jack pads on the conductors side after thinning the walk. The grill on the cab, had to be enlarged. Another spotting feature is the gap under the engine section on the conductors side. I had to shorten the door and add a filler. The engineers side was OK. I added doors on the radiator on both sides. Even the ladder rungs had to be changed, reduced from 7 to 6. I found some OMI stacks that are correct to replace the way to small original, I also added the correct horn. The air inlets on the dynamic brake were cut out and replaced with screen. There's more that I can't remember, but the many photos will show others. I saved the original paint. I had a spare body that allowed me to do these changes.

Thanks for looking, Bobby [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:13:38 PM by tankcar »

tankcar

Re: BLI UP AC60CW corrected for the number-lots of major mods
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:44:31 AM »
Two more photo showing progress.  One spotting feature is the double hand rail behind the cab on the conductors side. The two electrical cabinets have been moved to the correct location. On the engineers side I added the air filters, air lines on the trucks and  removed one of the three panels. It was replaced with the correct panel without louvers. [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 01:21:49 PM »
Bobby, thanks for sharing. That's some excellent kitbashing work to clean up a model.

Could you also have just renumbered the units to match the prototype that BLI incorrectly numbered for that body style?
Peter Pfotenhauer

tankcar

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 02:41:08 PM »
Thanks Peter. I wanted a unique model no one else had. As I mentioned in the intro, the BLI engine isn't correct for any number or road. And besides, the bash was fun!

Bobby

tankcar

Re: BLI UP AC60CW corrected for the number-outdoor photos finished
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 08:09:24 PM »
+4
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:29:55 PM by tankcar »

tankcar

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 08:54:18 PM »
I have two more photos, but they want load. I'll try again tomorrow.

Bobby
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:19:02 PM by tankcar »

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 08:56:06 PM »
That's awesome !  :o

tankcar

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 10:20:57 PM »
Thank you sir, I appreciate you looking.

Bobby

tankcar

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 09:27:42 AM »
Here's the last two, I hope!

Santa Fe Guy

• Crew
  • Respect: +359
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 06:55:03 PM »
And here is me thinking proto images go in another section.
Outstanding work on the mods and weathering Bobby.
Rod.
Santafesd40.blogspot.com

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2895
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 07:31:13 PM »
+1
Very nice work .. this and the challenge contest is what RW should have more of ..

tankcar

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 08:54:42 PM »
Rod, John, I thank you both very much for looking and your kind comments.

Bobby