Author Topic: happy days (for somebody anyway)  (Read 1540 times)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3125
    • Designer at Keystone Details
happy days (for somebody anyway)
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:31:22 AM »
Oh boy!  The floodgates are open!  Your very own sub-forum.... :trollface:

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8547
Re: happy days (for somebody anyway)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 10:23:36 AM »
Honestly part of why I asked for a forum like this was because I was planning to do a number of unique narrow-gauge projects that now look like they may be subsumed by the revival of the modeling challenges.  Not to worry, though, I have enough HOn3 projects going to hopefully make this worthwhile.

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3125
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 10:30:01 AM »
I have no doubt.

I have always been confused as to why there were only two scale sub forum (forii?) anyway.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4594
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »
+1
I have no doubt.

I have always been confused as to why there were only two scale sub forum (forii?) anyway.

Because there  are many members who just post everything to the N/Z forum anyway.  :trollface: :trollface:

I like the separate forums but (judging by the number of threads in individual sections) we all know that TRW is mainly a small-scales forum. That is one of the things I like about this place - lots of N scalers. I know - there are forums dedicated to N, but they aren't as much fun as this place. Here we have small scale and it is also a fun place to visit.
. . . 42 . . .

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:14:42 PM »
I love the whimsy behind some narrow gauge modeling .  For some reason it attracts more fantasy-based modeling than standard gauge does.  If some of those concepts can be presented in this board across all scales then this form is better for it.

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8547
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:57:07 PM »
I love the whimsy behind some narrow gauge modeling .  For some reason it attracts more fantasy-based modeling than standard gauge does.  If some of those concepts can be presented in this board across all scales then this form is better for it.

And for others it's an opportunity for ultra-realism.  I saw both at the National Narrow Gauge Convention last fall in Denver.  Whether fantasy or ultra-proto, narrow gauge seems to attract some very skilled folks.  I left the Convention feeling like I really need to up my game!

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 11:43:58 AM »
I love the whimsy behind some narrow gauge modeling.  For some reason it attracts more fantasy-based modeling than standard gauge does.  If some of those concepts can be presented in this board across all scales then this forum is better for it.