Author Topic: Gunderson 3250 “Sand” covered hoppers, Scale Trains?  (Read 1190 times)

unittraincoal

• Crew
  • Respect: +10
Gunderson 3250 “Sand” covered hoppers, Scale Trains?
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:39:32 PM »
With scale trains doing a full size 3 bay gunderson  5188 grain hopper, I wondered if anyone has ran the idea by them of running a smaller 3250 hopper. Probably the most needed modern unit train car out there in N scale.

I know the Union Pacific has quite a few of these newer cars... anyone know of any of the other reporting marks off the top of their head. I haven’t had much time to research it, and might send them a email..... 

I mostly model the mid-90s, but I’d like to build a modern sand train .... 3x3x1 would look cool going up my South Boulder Canyon diorama I’m starting....,
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:46:04 AM by GaryHinshaw »

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
Re: Gunderson 3250 “Sand” covered hoppers, Scale Trains?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:35:08 PM »
Well, Intermountain has a Trinity 3281 Cement hopper scheduled for April of some year in the future. That would seem to cover the type, but don't know if UP has any.

unittraincoal

• Crew
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 09:40:53 PM »
It may be a decade or even never before intermountain releases their Trinity car.... it would be great if it comes out but Who knows....

Not to mention scale trains have body mounted couplers and seem to have spectacular detail.

I would like to make a list of Gunderson users to send over to Scale Trains just to get them thinking.

It would be great if Intermountain releases the cars within a decade though.... Heck intermountain has Trinity grain cars and scale trains is doing Gunderson ones anyhow!

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 10:38:39 AM »
+1
It may be a decade or even never before intermountain releases their Trinity car.... it would be great if it comes out but Who knows....

Not to mention scale trains have body mounted couplers and seem to have spectacular detail.

FWIW all of Intermountain's new tooling have body mounted couplers. They are slowly modifying existing tooling to body mounts as well.

Now if the tooling ever escapes "TBD" purgatory is another question.  :trollface:

Mark