Author Topic: Per Diem linage question  (Read 1292 times)

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
Per Diem linage question
« on: February 08, 2018, 05:22:28 PM »
purely personal request here...I picked up a few of those new Athearn Per Diem boxcars cars, specifically the Prineville RR , Union Railroad and  few other Oregon cars and was wondering if there is anyway to find out what railroads ended up with them?  I'd like to patch and weather them beyond their state when in service with those railroads. 

Thanks for any info you can share.

Cheers

Joe
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

cjm413

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
Re: Per Diem linage question
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 05:35:15 PM »
+1
purely personal request here...I picked up a few of those new Athearn Per Diem boxcars cars, specifically the Prineville RR , Union Railroad and  few other Oregon cars and was wondering if there is anyway to find out what railroads ended up with them?  I'd like to patch and weather them beyond their state when in service with those railroads. 

Thanks for any info you can share.

Cheers

Joe

Ex-UO:

http://freight.railfan.ca/cgi-bin/search.pl?photographer=all&photo_date=all&car_owner=all&car_type=all&builder=all&marks=Uo&build_date=&keywords=&searchtype=and&display=full

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +292
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 06:09:19 PM »
+2
I'm not sure the Prineville cars had a second life - some talk on Trainorders about them being in storage and then scrapped.

Here's a beautiful shot from '07 though:
http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=25790
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 02:58:49 AM »
BN ended up with a bunch of them

RRRover

• Crew
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »
Many went into lease fleets with leased shortline reporting marks (yes, there are benefits of leasing the rights to use a railroad's reporting marks) such as IATR, NOKL, EEC etc.