Author Topic: Scale trains announces....  (Read 4223 times)

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +350
Re: Scale trains announces....
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 09:18:03 PM »
I guess Scale Trains is a contemporary model company. Great for contemporary modelers, not for moi. C'est la vie...
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +1826
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 10:27:41 PM »
+1
I guess Scale Trains is a contemporary model company. Great for contemporary modelers, not for moi. C'est la vie...

I don’t know what you mean by “contemporary”. They have released models that run from the mid-50’s through to today. I don’t really consider the 1960’s contemporary.
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +350
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 10:41:19 PM »
I don’t know what you mean by “contemporary”. They have released models that run from the mid-50’s through to today. I don’t really consider the 1960’s contemporary.

Not sure I count the mid-50s model, since it ran on all of one road. But I had forgotten about the 4785, but I haven't seen one either, in a shop I mean.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +1826
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 11:38:09 PM »

Not sure I count the mid-50s model, since it ran on all of one road. But I had forgotten about the 4785, but I haven't seen one either, in a shop I mean.

The C39-8 was a 1984 model too, not exactly modern.
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4529
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 11:49:03 PM »
The C39-8 was a 1984 model too, not exactly modern.

Yeah, the definition of modern is relative, and we are all turning more and more vintage every day.  :)
. . . 42 . . .

jcox3751

• Crew
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 09:10:27 AM »
Please post pictures and a review on the running characteristics when they arrive.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +980
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 10:05:32 AM »
+1
The delivery date (according to wiki, at any rate) for the GE 8500 Big Blow is August of 1958- is that the "mid" 50s model you all are talking about, or was there an earlier one I am not aware of?

Every company out there has their own marketing plan.  If Scale Trains at some point decides to produce late 20s composite boxcars (steel end, wood side) or Caswell gondolas (actually, there is something that would be right up their alley- ask ATSF modelers how many they would buy- ran in big blocks on mineral trains in the Southwest, but also used in coal operations in the midwest IIRC) I would be a customer. 

But there is no point in getting upset over a particular manufacturer not making stuff for a particular era.  Consider the things not being made a business opportunities, either for established manufacturers, or for new entrants to the industry (as Scale Trains was a few years ago).
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 05:39:25 PM »
The delivery date (according to wiki, at any rate) for the GE 8500 Big Blow is August of 1958- is that the "mid" 50s model you all are talking about, or was there an earlier one I am not aware of?

Every company out there has their own marketing plan.  If Scale Trains at some point decides to produce late 20s composite boxcars (steel end, wood side) or Caswell gondolas (actually, there is something that would be right up their alley- ask ATSF modelers how many they would buy- ran in big blocks on mineral trains in the Southwest, but also used in coal operations in the midwest IIRC) I would be a customer. 

But there is no point in getting upset over a particular manufacturer not making stuff for a particular era.  Consider the things not being made a business opportunities, either for established manufacturers, or for new entrants to the industry (as Scale Trains was a few years ago).

I don't whine or complain whenever Wheels of Time doesn't make something modern. On the contrary, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they made ADA platform edge striping decals (a very modern thing).
Under the streets of Los Angeles

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 03:07:23 AM »

Thats because they aren't out yet...I've seen samples at shows, but that is it