Author Topic: George's Place  (Read 1754 times)

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
George's Place
« on: January 22, 2018, 03:52:12 PM »
+11
When one of my 4 daughters moved back in for awhile I had to remove my layout from the spare bedroom.  Actually a good thing all the way around.  It's great to have another warm body in the house and I got a chance to re-start my HO shelf layout.  Right now it's just going to be a simple two switch-three spur start to something bigger once I get my space back.  This particular module will form the base of something bigger yet to be designed but it give me an opportunity to fixate on the architecture and landscaping necessary for the rest of the layout.  I found some great shots of George's Diner on the Riverside SP branch that sat across the tracks from leading to Lumber City.  When I was stationed up at Port Hueneme I made weekly visits to the hobby shops in the basin and ate here plenty of times.  A bit nostalgic and an iconic structure right on the tracks...begged to be modeled.  This has been scratchbuilt out of acrylic, laser board and paper.

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +888
    • My blog
Re: George's Place
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
When one of my 4 daughters moved back in for awhile I had to remove my layout from the spare bedroom.  Actually a good thing all the way around.  It's great to have another warm body in the house and I got a chance to re-start my HO shelf layout.  Right now it's just going to be a simple two switch-three spur start to something bigger once I get my space back.  This particular module will form the base of something bigger yet to be designed but it give me an opportunity to fixate on the architecture and landscaping necessary for the rest of the layout.  I found some great shots of George's Diner on the Riverside SP branch that sat across the tracks from leading to Lumber City.  When I was stationed up at Port Hueneme I made weekly visits to the hobby shops in the basin and ate here plenty of times.  A bit nostalgic and an iconic structure right on the tracks...begged to be modeled.  This has been scratchbuilt out of acrylic, laser board and paper.

looks great Joe

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1813
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 05:20:18 PM »
A fantastic one of a kind model!

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 11:41:59 AM »
Is this the Burbank branch?

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 03:00:08 PM »
Nice! Makes me hungry.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +7962
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 09:36:24 PM »
Oh man, I love everything about it, other than the "Phili Cheesesteaks".

Also damn, now I want a cheesesteak.

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +888
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 12:17:20 AM »
Is this the Burbank branch?
nope, Riverside Branch

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +714