Author Topic: Timonium Feb 3-4  (Read 1433 times)

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3127
Timonium Feb 3-4
« on: January 28, 2018, 10:16:24 PM »
Sounds like we're coming down Sunday.  Anyone else stopping by ?

ridinshotgun

• Crew
  • Respect: +64
Re: Timonium Feb 3-4
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 10:51:33 PM »
I'll be up there on saturday with a few other guys in our club.  Need to shop for some storage boxes and not much else except some scenery stuff.

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1531
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »
I'm on the coast this weekend.  Something about Mardi Gras season and Honey Do's . . . .
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +658
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 12:05:58 PM »
Not sure I am there or not yet. Heck, I should get a table and unload a bunch of transition era stock I will never run.
Peter Pfotenhauer

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1531
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 12:21:23 PM »
Not sure I am there or not yet. Heck, I should get a table and unload a bunch of transition era stock I will never run.

cheaper to do the white elephant table.  Sure, they keep a percentage, but if the BANTRAK guys get the word out for ya all you do is drop off, fill out the forms and collect your winnings at the end of the day.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

crrcoal

• Crew
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 02:15:22 PM »
Wife and I will be there tomorrow.

ridinshotgun

• Crew
  • Respect: +64
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 07:52:54 PM »
Well that was less than impressive for N scale stuff.  I can say in the 5 or 6 years in going at least once and usually twice a year that is the least amount of N scale stuff I have ever seen.  Truthfully don't even know if I would go back in October.  I spent more in gas getting there then I spent on stuff.

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 10:25:15 PM »
Well that was less than impressive for N scale stuff.  I can say in the 5 or 6 years in going at least once and usually twice a year that is the least amount of N scale stuff I have ever seen.  Truthfully don't even know if I would go back in October.  I spent more in gas getting there then I spent on stuff.

October is usually the only one I go to.  Basically just going to ride along with the other guys to talk about upcoming work on the O scale layout.   Second report I've seen of not good for n scale

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 12:25:42 PM »
+1
And we ended up not going.  One backed out because he wasn't feeling good and had no sleep last night after responding to large structure fire that kept him out most of the night.  We left and got about 15 miles down the road and had to turn around due to road conditions.  Oh well, now I can go back to working on my railroad instead of buying more stuff I probably didn't need.

crrcoal

• Crew
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 09:33:30 AM »
Well ya didnt miss much. We got there about 1030 saturday. Parking lot was jammed!!! We had to park all that way out by the highway. Got into the hall and it really wasnt that crowded so I dont know what was up with all the cars. Lots of families walking around. Wife commented this show had the most females walking around shes seen. Young and old. Vendors were ok. Nothing really stood out. Grabbed a couple items and then we left around 130p. We will probably got to the april show and then that will be it for Timonium for quite awhile.