Author Topic: Burning subject about incandescent lights on DT v. NCE systems  (Read 1840 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Burning subject about incandescent lights on DT v. NCE systems
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 09:49:43 PM »
+1
I'm very very happy with DCC now because of NCE. I can easily change all the CVs I want to customize my engines now with minimum fuss. However, a friend who's very into DCC has told me that it is going to get very complex and more diverse very soon with the next generation of decoders and control systems -- so much so it will take special equipment and hard-wired computer connections to do anything beyond running the loco and blowing the horn. But all my locos will be equipped with today's decoders on today's system, so I don't anticipate having to sink back into a DCC swamp.
As for your use of DT, good luck and good sailing.

Like it or not, Digitrax is the most popular DCC system in USA. I also agree that NCE is much more intuitive system to use than Digitrax (without using any computer interfaces).  As far as your friend's statement about the future of DCC, I would love to hear more details and some specific facts. Because what he said (or as you understood it) is a news to me.  I wonder if he was simply describing the JMRI system, and how it simplifies programming decoders.  That functionality is here now (and has been around for several years).
. . . 42 . . .