Author Topic: ESU LokSound Select Micro Install in Kato N-Scale E8A -- with marker lights!  (Read 2119 times)

RBrodzinsky

• Crew
  • Respect: +234
+1
WOW!  Those marker lights are fantasmic!  You could fit an 0201 in there without drilling...  :trollface: :trollface: :trollface: 

Well... it is solid plastic! Some drilling on these will always be necessary   :D

And thank you (and John) for always mentioning the speaker enclosures!  I am so glad they work for you and John.

Johnny, it is our way of thanking you. The enclosures have made the speaker installations so much easier, and provide excellent sound.
Rick Brodzinsky
Chief Engineer - JACALAR Railroad
Silicon Valley FreeMo-N

wmcbride

• Crew
  • Respect: +21
Rick,

Thanks for this thread. I've been thinking of adding sound to my E8s for a bit. You have blazed the way!
Bill McBride

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +131
Re: ESU LokSound Select Micro Install in Kato N-Scale E8A -- with marker lights!
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 05:50:12 PM »
Thanks for this, Rick.  I just got some older, blue labeled E9A/B's off EBay and looking at this and checking out the LokSound 5 Micros thickness they might just fit.  Or else I'll have to see if a 73100 works okay.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

RBrodzinsky

• Crew
  • Respect: +234
Re: ESU LokSound Select Micro Install in Kato N-Scale E8A -- with marker lights!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 10:09:01 PM »
John,

The LS 5 Micros fit just fine (with interface board) in E/F units. Just don’t work in PA units (well, the 73800 really didn’t, either).
Rick Brodzinsky
Chief Engineer - JACALAR Railroad
Silicon Valley FreeMo-N

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +131
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 11:01:31 PM »

Thanks.  Yeah, I realized later that you take the small circuit board out that the clip holds down and that makes more room.  If you ever do more of these a picture before the decoder goes in would be helpful too.  But I think I have it all worked out.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566