Author Topic: MOOX Reporting Marks  (Read 831 times)

drgw0579

• Crew
  • Respect: +51
MOOX Reporting Marks
« on: August 04, 2018, 10:23:55 PM »
+1
A couple years ago, my son worked for Intermountain.  One of the great things they had was "Scratch and Dent", they would sell stuff that was damaged in some manner, for a great discount.  He picked up this stock car for me, but it didn't match my road (PRR),  So as I tried to decide what to letter it as (the factory lettering was smeared), I remembered that some of the last stock cars I ever saw were lettered HOGX.  So to take that theme a bit further, I figured there could have been a MOOX set of cars running around hauling beef to the stock yards of America.  So, I present MOOX 60024 that was acquired from the ATSF.

Bill Kepner

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:25:31 PM by drgw0579 »

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1329
Re: MOOX Reporting Marks
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 12:53:13 AM »
From http://www.pwrr.org/rrm/index.htm:
MOOX      MIDWEST TERMINALS OF TOLEDO INTERNATIONAL

I have the same problem with my narrow gauge.  The mining company also owns the tank cars, and provides fuel shipping services along the line.  I chose MORX for the initials years ago, and that turns out to be two different companies, although I don't know if either were in use in 1974.
MORX       *JOHN MORRELL & CO. (NACCO [MATHER STOCK CAR CO.]) (no longer used)
MORX      +MORRIS IRON & STEEL CO. INC. (current user)

My mining company is MMCX, which is listed as
MMCX      *MCCLINTLE-MARSHALL CONSTRUCTION CO.
MMCX      *NORTH AMERICAN CAR CORP.
MMCX       +PAN AMERICAN RAILWAY CO. [(TMIX) TRANSMATRIX INC.;  M & M CHEMICAL PRODUCTS INC.]

I got luckier with the railroad itself, as neither WRRY, the railroad, or WRLC, the logging company that own it, are listed as ever being assigned.

N Kalanaga
Be well