Author Topic: What and When was the most recent Walther's model released?  (Read 3298 times)

Tom Todd

• Crew
  • Respect: +20
Re: What and When was the most recent Walther's model released?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 02:40:01 PM »
From the Model Railroader News:

"Lowell Smith purchases tooling from Wm. K. Walthers Inc.
Published: Saturday, November 11, 2017
Lowell Smith has purchased the tooling for N scale fluted- and smooth-side baggage cars, coaches, and sleepers from Wm. K. Walthers Inc.

New releases will be sold under the RailSmith Models line. RailSmith also plans to expand its line of N scale passenger cars. The first RailSmith Models offerings are scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2018. "

Tom Todd
Go Great; Go Great Northern

Or SP&S

gbcaboose

• Crew
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 06:15:57 PM »

As for the locos, not sure who the players that would be in, but seems like a MT would be a good choice to try and get the chassis in their hands for the SW.

MT has used the Walthers GP38(-2) in at least one of their train sets. I know it was used in the Weathered Conrail set from a few months ago.

Mike

Cumbo2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 11:24:20 PM »
Walthers site still shows they have the Thrall 5-Unit Articulated 48' Well Cars in stock so that has to be the latest run (it only SEEMS like forever since the last run on anything). The SW-1200 is SUPPOSED to be re-released in Dec 2017. Other than that, I can't find anything other than a limited release of old building kits.

Black hole...

Yes, according to their web site these well cars appear to be their latest release. - Bob Witt

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1325
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 01:31:31 AM »
+1
I hope Lowell has good luck with his new line.  I haven't bought any of his custom cars, as I have no need for the ones he's done, but the few contacts I have had with him, he seems to be a nice fellow, and a good business person.  We can always use a new supplier, especially one run by an N scale modeler.
N Kalanaga
Be well

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1100
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »
better  lol
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!