Author Topic: A New Run of Prairie Shadows Trainworx Kenworths and Semi-Tractor Trailer Sets  (Read 3720 times)

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +128
    • Trains N Scale
Following the successful launch of their first run of Trainworx tractor and semi-tractor trailer models, just announced, Prairie Shadows is now accepting pre-orders for a new run of K100 and W900 Kenworth 25th Anniversary tractors and CGWE, Reimer Express Lines, CP Express Lines. Kingsway, and Motorways semi-tractor trailer sets.

Due to arrive in June 2018, pre-orders can be initiated through the Prairie Shadows "Coming Soon" page:

http://prairieshadows.com/catalog/coming
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:30:36 AM by GaryHinshaw »

BCR751

• Crew
  • A.K.A. Mr. Goodenough
  • Respect: +153
+1
Was excited about the Motorways set(s) until I saw the word "pre-order"  Not gonna happen.

Doug

pmpexpress

• Crew
    • Trains N Scale
Doug,

Need not worry, as Prairie Shadows does not require any payment information in advance of delivery and bills you upon the products' arrival in Canada.

Barring any production delays in China, it has been my experience that the Prairie Shadows pre-order system is both efficient and reliable.

Prairie Shadows first run of special run Trainworx vehicle models was just delivered to pre-order buyers without a hitch.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
The prices are amazing.  These are static models but they are priced in a locomotive range (the tractor/trailer sets).
. . . 42 . . .

BCR751

• Crew
  • A.K.A. Mr. Goodenough
If it goes like the last, and final, pre-order I did it will take about four years for them to show up and the price will be nearly twice as much as it is today.

Doug

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1326
I went to their site.  "Select store to see prices".  I don't want to see the prices.  I want to see if the models are anything I could use.  Nope.  No way to see pictures without selecting a store.  I left.
N Kalanaga
Be well

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4596
    • Coming (not so) soon...
+1
I went to their site.  "Select store to see prices".  I don't want to see the prices.  I want to see if the models are anything I could use.  Nope.  No way to see pictures without selecting a store.  I left.

I also thought that the website was not done well at all. But I did check the prices.
. . . 42 . . .

pmpexpress

• Crew
    • Trains N Scale
+3

Unless you want to be quoted a price that includes Canadian VAT, US buyers MUST select a store to show the proper product listings for US purchases.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2103
+1
I too would like to see the images , and circa proto model date as well as circa paint scheme date , especially given that they know this info and the price reflects that kind research and effort .

Richie Dost

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3088
+4
Unless you want to be quoted a price that includes Canadian VAT, US buyers MUST select a store to show the proper product listings for US purchases.

I'm not sure what the problem is here guys.  Prarie Shadows is a Canadian supplier.  When they are asking which store you want to shop from, Canada or US it represents/shows the item price in the corresponding currency.  When you select the store, you get the listing of upcoming vehicles and links for each of them that takes you to a picture

As far as pre-order, the last group of PS Trainworx vehicles https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=42560.msg537251#msg537251 seemed to have been announced in January and recently delivered in October, so 10 months. 

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1326
I can see why we need to choose a store to see the price, and it makes perfect sense.  But why not put the pictures on the main page, so we can see if we want the items, rather than making us click again for each one?  I'm sure the models themselves are the same, regardless of the customer's country of residence.
N Kalanaga
Be well

BCR751

• Crew
  • A.K.A. Mr. Goodenough

As far as pre-order, the last group of PS Trainworx vehicles https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=42560.msg537251#msg537251 seemed to have been announced in January and recently delivered in October, so 10 months.

Probably a fluke  :D :D :D

Doug

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
+1
Have no idea what the era is for these, or whether they would have shown up in my locale. They're nice looking and I might spring for one, but without information I won't.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

pmpexpress

• Crew
    • Trains N Scale
+1
Probably a fluke  :D :D :D

Doug

Talk is cheap...

Have you ever ordered anything from Prairie Shadows?

Unlike a few other e-commerce sellers, my pre-orders from Prairie Shadows arrived on schedule, without any advance deposits, exchange of credit card information, or shipment shortages.

Jeff Arnold (of Prairie Shadows) is a pleasure work with and talk to.

Kudos to a fairly small Canadian company that trusts its customers enough to custom order relatively expensive products without any kind of a financial commitment from its buyers.

pmpexpress

• Crew
    • Trains N Scale
Have no idea what the era is for these, or whether they would have shown up in my locale. They're nice looking and I might spring for one, but without information I won't.

That's what Hanks Truck Forum is for...