Author Topic: Layout construction with Bachmann EZ Track  (Read 4391 times)

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +186
Re: Layout construction with Bachmann EZ Track
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 10:18:26 AM »
^^^^^^^This thing will not let me edit, so I must do it this way.  Please do keep in mind that in my reply, I am expecting that you will retain the B-mann track for your main lines, turnouts and even the start of some of the business trackage.  I am suggesting the other brands strictly for use on business trackage.

ek2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 10:24:57 AM »
@brokemoto  thanks for your detailed suggestions. Will the flex track have the same rail height as the ez track?

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 11:22:41 PM »
Will the flex track have the same rail height as the ez track?

The B-mann E-ZTRACK®; the Kato UNITRACK® and  UNITRAM®, the Atlas SNAP-TRACK® and flex are all code eighty rail, so the rail dimensions are the same.  Do keep in mind that the SNAP-TRAK® and flex do not come with roadbed.  If you put the Atlas track on roadbed, the roadbed height will not match that of the B-mann
E-ZTRACK®.   The Kato does not match the Bachpersonn, either.  The rail heights are the same, the roadbed heights are not.  The flex and the sectional (SNAP) will match at the rails.  You will need some rail joiners.  Do not attempt to remove the rail joiners from the Bachmann track, as you are as likely to mangle the track as you are to get off the rail joiners.